Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 26, 2007
ElectricityTexas.com, an online one-stop shop to compare and order electricity service in Texas, wants to help consumers lower their electricity bills.
Not only can customers use ElectricityTexas to get a cheaper rate on their electricity, but they can follow the tips below to conserve energy and save money all year long.
- Replace old appliances like refrigerators and freezers. Older models may be inefficient and run constantly.
- Replace old AC units as they are more inefficient than a newer one.
- Change the furnace filter every three months.
- Place 2 or 3 dry hand towels in with a load of wet clothes to cut drying time down almost in half.
- Turn heat down a few degrees at night.
- Call incumbent or potential electric company for tips.
- Ask electric provider to do a free energy audit of the home.
- Caulk and weather strip all doors and windows to prevent air from leaking.
- Make sure house has proper amount of insulation.
- Install storm doors on all exterior doors.
ElectricityTexas.com is a free service providing information on energy providers in the state of Texas. Through ElectricityTexas, a member of the WhiteFence network, consumer can make educated decisions when ordering their energy plus set up all their household services including phone, cable TV, utilities and high-speed Internet.
ElectricityTexas is the number one site in the state for comparing, ordering and connecting your electricity service. The fast, free online ordering system allows you to compare companies and services to get the best deals possible, and switch or transfer service without interruption. ElectricityTexas is a member of the WhiteFence network.