'Not only do we help people throughout Texas to obtain prepaid electricity with no deposit or credit check, but now we also offer them the best solution to track usage and make payments as often as necessary,' explains Young
Fort Worth, Texas (PRWEB) October 17, 2011
Payless Power, a leading no deposit electric company in Texas, is now utilizing smart meters as part of its pay-as-you go electricity plans to help customers better manage their usage and budget. By monitoring electricity usage in real-time, smart meters let retail electric providers and consumers know just how much energy has been consumed at any time during the course of a month; therefore, by using these advanced meters, the consumer will be notified of how much energy they are consuming daily as a way to monitor usage and reduce their electricity costs.
According to Brandon Young, a principal in Payless Power, prepaid services utilizing the smart meter data makes billing more accurate and timely, while allowing the consumer to pay less money to get service connected as opposed to post paid service, which typically requires a passing credit score or a large cash deposit.
“Not only do we help people throughout Texas to obtain prepaid electricity with no deposit or credit check, but now we also offer them the best solution to track usage and make payments as often as necessary," explains Young. The smart meter will be professionally installed by the Transmission and Distribution Utility (TDU) in nearly all homes within Texas by 2013. “Many people are experiencing cash flow shortages and need the most flexible payment options possible. Payless Power’s SmarTricity with Flex Pay will allow payments as frequently as monthly, weekly or even daily if need be."
In the simplest terms, Payless Power’s SmarTricity with Flex Pay electric service works similar to a reloadable calling card or prepaid cell phone. Customers put money into an account and as electricity is used, funds are deducted. The smart meter records energy usage on a 15 minute interval basis. Each day, Payless Power will send a notification updating the customer of the usage for the day, the balance on their account, and approximately how many days they have left before service will be interrupted if a payment is not made. Additional money can be put into the account, either by telephone or at a payment center, as often as needed to maintain electric service. Online payments will be available to Payless Power consumers by the fourth quarter of 2011.
With Payless Power, using a smart meter to obtain pre paid electric service in Texas is simple and provides the customer payment flexibility:
- To start service, the customer calls and creates an account with Payless Power.
- If the address is a qualified address with an installed meter, then Payless Power can offer SmarTricity with Flex Pay service.
- Payless Power then takes a payment to start the service.
- As electricity is used, it is deducted from the prepaid electric balance. Customers may add money to the account as often as needed. If the balance reaches zero, the service is interrupted. Once a payment is posted to the account, service is restored within minutes.
- The customer will receive daily notifications via text or email as to what their account balance is and how many days they have left on their service before being interrupted.
- In addition, Payless Power will send out a weekly supplemental paper statement.
This insures the customer receives something by mail, which may help when a customer changes their email or telephone number and forgets to update their records with Payless Power.
"Payless Power’s goal is to help people obtain prepaid electricity service with no hassles and then provide them with payment options to keep the lights on," says Young. "In today's economy, pre paid electric service is becoming more popular with homeowners and businesses."
Since 2005, Payless Power has been helping people stay connected, regardless of income or credit history. As a family-owned business, and not a giant electric company, we take great pride in serving our customers with care and respect. Our prepaid electricity plans are designed to meet the needs of your lifestyle and budget:
- No Deposit
- Standard Connection Typically within 2-3 Business Days
- Same Day/Next Day Priority Connection Available
- Low Monthly Rates and Rates Per Kilowatt Hour
- No Late Fees
- No Credit Check or ID Needed
- No Long-term Contract or Early Cancellation Penalty
- Flexible Pay Plans
- Multiple Payment Options
- Minimal Fee to Connect Service
For more information about Payless Power's SmarTricity with Flex Pay prepaid electric service in Texas, call 1-866-963-9353 or go to http://www.paylesspower.com.
# # #