Pleasanton, CA (PRWEB) September 9, 2009
Elluminate, Inc. announced today the newest addition to its family of web, video, and audio social learning solutions designed for education. Elluminate VCS™ 2.0, the latest version of the company's affordable, high-quality, multipoint video collaboration solution, will be generally available by month end.
- First launched in April of 2009, Elluminate VCS was developed to address the challenges of existing videoconferencing products, such as exorbitant costs, limited scalability, significant hardware requirements, ongoing reliance on IT support, and the inability to invite remote users on an ad-hoc basis.
- The product enables academic institutions, corporations, and other organizations to leverage their significant investments in legacy videoconferencing infrastructure by including desktop PCs, while increasing ROI through low-cost integration and endpoint extension.
- Elluminate VCS extends video endpoints to reach more participants in a significantly more convenient and cost-effective way, adding an interactive collaborative environment that includes intuitive presence awareness, session scheduling, and management tools.
- Easy to deploy and use, the product supports real-time interaction and collaboration with features such as chat, object-oriented whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, file transfer, and document presentation and sharing.
- Primarily a software solution, Elluminate VCS requires a customer premise equipment (CPE) server. Elluminate VCS clients operate exceptionally well on network speeds less than typical DSL connections and the system can interoperate with existing legacy H.323 infrastructure.
Supporting Product Information:
- Elluminate VCS 2.0 provides:
- High-resolution, high-frame-rate, multipoint video collaboration
- Dramatic cost savings over traditional videoconferencing
- Interoperability with legacy H.323 videoconferencing
- Up to 25 endpoints in a session, with moderator control of 6 video slots
- Unified, task-oriented "MS Office-style" tabbed user interface designed for education and training
- Session interaction tools put moderator in control
- Telephone dial-in to sessions using third-party SIP origination service
- Web 2.0-style portal for session scheduling and management
- Powerful, multi-user data collaboration tools
- Low-bandwidth requirements and minimal processor demands
- Scalability to thousands of endpoints and hundreds of multipoint ports
- Presence client for ad hoc invitations and instant messaging
- Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) server
Quotes for Attribution:
"The latest Elluminate VCS release is exactly what we've been waiting for. High-quality video to the desktop with up to 25 sites in a session will allow a complete cohort of learners to work together in real-time in various areas across our region. The floating user license and the ability to interoperate with our existing H.323 investments really add the icing to the cake. The applications are across the board--workforce education, graduate programs, K-16 partnerships--you name it!" -- Mickey Slimp, Executive Director, NETnet
"Elluminate VCS helps our customers leverage their legacy videoconferencing by offering an affordable solution that extends their investment to the desktop and adds powerful interactive and collaborative tools. It enables academic institutions and other organizations to make the transition from videoconferencing designed for business users to video collaboration designed specifically for educators and trainers. With Elluminate VCS 2.0, you can reach an even wider audience with an enhanced user interface, telephone dial in for mobile users, and support for more connections in a single session." -- Maurice Heiblum, President, Elluminate, Inc.
•Brochure: Elluminate VCS
About Elluminate, Inc.
Elluminate, Inc. provides proven, best-in-class web, video, and audio solutions for real-time online learning and collaboration that deliver exceptional outcomes, including enhanced learning experiences, increased retention and completion rates, and higher ROI. Elluminate serves more than 600 million annual web-collaboration minutes to over 7 million teachers and students located in 170 different countries. The winner of several prestigious awards, the company is also one of Deloitte's 50 Fastest Growing Technology Companies and is positioned in the Visionaries Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing, 2009.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and Pleasanton, California, Elluminate is the trusted choice of prominent academic institutions and corporations, including ADP, Apple Computer, California State University, Florida Virtual School, Georgetown University, K12 Inc., London Knowledge Lab, Los Angeles Unified School District, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Novell, Queen's University, Royal Veterinary College, Red Hat, Sun Microsystems, and many more. For more information, visit http://www.elluminate.com .