Boulder, Colo. (Vocus) December 1, 2009
Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), a leading IT management research and consulting firm, today announced it will host a number of free Webinars focused on IT management during the month of December 2009.
The EMA™ Webinars set for November include:
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. EST
Five Trends Shaping the Future of End-to-End Application Management in 2010
Enterprise Management Associates Research Director Julie Craig will highlight the results of a survey conducted in November 2009, assessing the top application-related challenges facing today's enterprise IT organizations.
Topics covered include:
- Five industry trends that are shaping the future of application management teams, processes, and toolsets
- How leading companies are addressing the management implications of Web 2.0, virtualization, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Why IT professionals can't afford to neglect mainframe and middleware management
- How IT professionals can structure your tools investments to address these trends
Thursday, Dec. 3, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. EST
Real-World Experiences of Endpoint Virtualization
EMA VP of Research Andi Mann will provide highlights from the latest EMA virtualization research report - Real World Experiences of Endpoint Virtualization, including:
- Definitions to help IT professionals understand the many different endpoint virtualization deployment models
- Highlights from 8 in-depth qualitative case studies on endpoint virtualization deployments
- Key findings and actionable analysis and advice for enterprises and software vendors covering deployment patterns, expectations, outcomes, benefits, barriers to success, buying decisions, and more.
Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. EST
Empowering a Mobile Workforce: A Holistic Approach to Enterprise BlackBerry Management
EMA VP of Research Dennis Drogseth, Research in Motion (RIM) Product Manager Pierluigi Buonicore, Jonathan Evans from RIM Product Marketing, and HP Product Marketing Manager Jon Haworth will explore solutions that will enable a holistic support environment for managing BlackBerry resources across the enterprise. Topics of discussion will include how to:
- Identify the most common challenges to enterprise BlackBerry management
- Utilize best practices, such as ITIL, to increase the supportability of mobile devices
- Enable prompt problem identification and improved time to resolution
- Evaluate new solutions that will enable a common interface for managing enterprise BlackBerry support services
Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. EST
Intelligent Service Automation: Automating Oracle Application Processes Across Departments, Geography, and the Cloud
EMA Research Director Julie Craig and UC4 Product Marketing Executive Matthew Busch will highlight how enterprises that automate their Oracle applications with Intelligent Service Automation can improve their core business processes and:
- Provide higher quality service at lower cost
- Create a single consolidated view of all automated processes
- Leverage automation to provide 'just-in-time' information delivery
- Eliminate error prone and costly manual automation processes such as scripting.
Thursday, Dec. 17, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. EST
How to Take Control of Your Physical and Virtual Data Center
EMA VP of Research Andi Mann and Avocent VP of Strategy Blake Carlson will discuss how IT professionals can take control of their physical and virtual data center, with a holistic approach to data center automation and management. Topics will include:
- Planning and optimization - to ensure more efficient, cost-effective IT infrastructure deployment and utilization
- Managing access and control - to allow fast problem response and manageability, while assuring security and regulatory compliance
- Green IT and power management - to reduce costs, promote responsibility, and prepare for upcoming regulations
Founded in 1996, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) is a leading industry analyst firm that specializes in going “beyond the surface” to provide deep insight across the full spectrum of IT management technologies. EMA analysts leverage a unique combination of practical experience, insight into industry best practices, and in-depth knowledge of current and planned vendor solutions to help its clients achieve their goals. Learn more about EMA research, analysis, and consulting services for enterprise IT professionals and IT vendors at http://www.enterprisemanagement.com or follow EMA on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ema_research.