People expect you to be aware of the rules of conduct of the society in which you live
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (PRWEB) March 24, 2008
"When online, we often don't take time to think about the consequences of our comments," said Sheelagh Manheim, Ph.D., co-author with Jack Jonathan, of Yes, You Can... Find More Meaning in Your Life. "Many of us type as fast as we think, so when we compose an email or communicate through social networking sites, it's easy to write and post something we may regret later."
Following social graces and proper email etiquette can help Internet users navigate the virtual world with manners.
"Whether online or in-person, when we are comfortable with social graces, we are able to deal with different situations with natural ease and confidence," said Jonathan. "In return, people will feel comfortable with us and we will have a positive experience with our relationships."
Contributors to YesYouCanOnline.info say to avoid confusion you should watch your email etiquette and online manners.
The following tips can help improve email etiquette and online manners:
1. Use good grammar and punctuation.
2. Use language you would use in person.
3. Follow the Golden Rule and communicate online, as you would want others to communicate with you.
4. Be aware of the recipient's values when you send email jokes, political cartoons or religious stories.
5. Remember, the Web is a public medium. Be careful that what you say is not too private.
6. Don't gossip or spread rumors.
7. Don't harass people with too many emails.
8. Avoid sharing intimate feelings.
Following email etiquette and these manners can help Web users find harmony in their lives and friendships. "People expect you to be aware of the rules of conduct of the society in which you live," said Jim Stowers, co-author with Jonathan, of Yes, You Can... Reach Your Goals and Achieve Your Dreams. "When you know the rules, you can cultivate a natural, easy manner that will help you get along better with others."
YesYouCanOnline.info is an online community providing people with the resources needed to improve their financial position and enjoy a better life. The content rich site provides helpful information and actionable tips for improving your financial position, thinking positively, having fun as a family and living a healthy life.