Montchanin, DE (PRWEB) May 19, 2008
Impact Systems Inc., (http://www.impactinfosys.com), a leading provider of enterprise content management (ECM) software tools, deployments and content migrations, today announced documented return on investment that companies have realized utilizing Impact Systems' methodologies and designed for EMC® Documentum® software tools.
As pressures escalate for companies to find cost-savings and efficiencies, it has become increasingly important for organizations to reduce IT costs, risk, time and internal IT involvement. And, more and more, organizations are faced with the need to migrate and manage large amounts of data across the enterprise. Impact Systems has responded to these pressures, and placed focus over the last year into developing and refining processes and tools that organizations can take and implement initially with Impact's help, and then apply these same tools and repeatable methodologies on their own, including:
This configuration management software, accredited as Designed for EMC, transports a complete set of configuration parameters, including templates and associated policies, from one repository to another with built-in pre-verification and report generation. This repeatable and verifiable process is a significant time and cost-saver in regulated industries.
This intelligent content and metadata transfer and bulk load software, accredited as Designed for EMC, is a unique, modular tool that allows customers to reduce the time and cost of migrating and managing large amounts of content, metadata and related content plus governing rules in a verifiable, repeatable manner.
Enterprise Content Management Migrations
A complete content migration service with recommendations on migration delivery, scope, phasing and architecture, using a proven migration process. This includes an upfront Migration Analysis Assessment and the best practices A-C-E™ Methodology.
This solution, built on EMC Documentum Compliance Manager, manages regulated content in an audited environment at an affordable price. It was developed specifically to provide emerging life sciences and other regulated companies with the opportunity to have the same enterprise content management and submissions solutions as their larger industry counterparts, while significantly reducing time, costs and up-front IT involvement.
Adobe® Forms Integrator
Adobe Forms Integrator combines forms technology from Adobe and EMC Documentum Compliance Manager, providing a best-of-breed form solution for regulated industries. The solution allows forms versioning and seamless form field or section level security via configurations.
Documented ROI Examples
- Set up a new Documentum Compliance Manager (DCM) application with all necessary configurations for a customer site. Using Q-Config™, the customer was able to use the same basic configuration to upgrade and migrate all five of their sites in one year (vs. the two years it took them to roll out the initial system).
- Migrated controlled documents, and all related content, metadata, renditions, and audit trails using Q-Transfer™, from each source repository into its corresponding target DCM repository, for a customer. As the sites were similar in configuration, the ground work done on the first site was reused to accelerate migration of the remaining sites.
- Used both Q-Config™ and Q-Transfer™ to support a customer's EMC Documentum migration for significant cost and time savings - combined, these tools saved four months of manual time. The entire content migration process was completed within forty-five days, a month and a half ahead of schedule.
- Deployed Compliance-in-a-Box, for a fully functional, validated, content-ready Documentum Compliance environment that was up and running for a customer within eight weeks, providing visible, measurable results and a scalable enterprise content management foundation.
- Piloted a deviation tracking system using Adobe Forms Integrator for a pharmaceutical manufacturing company. The solution combines life cycle process and form field security to display or edit certain fields during the process. The audit capability captures all the changes and reporting functionality, and has improved the deviation process cycle time.
About Impact Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1996, Impact Systems provides deployment and migration services for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems. Additionally, the company has developed a proprietary suite of configuration management, content and metadata transfer, and bulk load software tools that provide significant time and cost savings for deployments, migrations and ongoing electronic content needs. Impact Systems has developed a proven, comprehensive migration process, including an upfront Migration Analysis Assessment. The company has delivered migration solutions to satisfied clients in the life sciences, manufacturing, technology and financial services markets, across ECM (EMC Documentum, FileNet, Open Text, Lotus Notes and SharePoint) platforms. In addition, Impact Systems specializes in deploying regulatory business solutions such as Compliance-in-a-Box for clients in the life sciences (medical devices, biotech, pharmaceutical and healthcare) markets. Impact Systems is a member of the EMC2 Consulting/Select Services Team, and is an Adobe® and Kofax partner. Visit Impact Systems at http://www.impactinfosys.com or call 302-573-6864 x121.
EMC and Documentum are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EMC does not make any warranties or representations concerning Impact products or services.
# # #