Being able to manage Google Chrome patches centrally will save IT managers hours of time and will help keep workstations patched and more secure.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 05, 2011
EminentWare, a leading provider of add-on solutions for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), today announced that support for Google Chrome patches has been added to the company’s 3rd party patch management catalog. EminentWare enables companies to use Microsoft ConfigMgr or Microsoft WSUS to easily deploy and manage Google Chrome patches on desktops across an IT enterprise from a central point of control. Google Chrome patches are offered with the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack which provides customers with tested ready-to-deploy patches for many common 3rd party applications. For more detailed information about the Google Chrome patches and all of the 3rd party patches provided by EminentWare please visit: http://www.eminentware.com/third-party-patch-management-applications.html.
EminentWare installs a system level version of Google Chrome that will replace any user-level installed Google Chrome versions already on the workstation. This option enables IT managers to clean up and take control of Google Chrome versions in their environment. Furthermore, with Google Chrome’s accelerated release schedule, being able to manage Google Chrome patches centrally will save IT managers hours of time, get Google Chrome patches implemented more quickly, and help keep workstations patched and more secure.
Pricing and Availability
Google Chrome patches, including the most recent patch “Google Chrome 14.0.835.163 x2” are now available with the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack. The EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack requires either the EminentWare System Center Configuration Manager Extension Pack or the EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack. A fully-functional 30 day trial of the EminentWare Extension Pack can be downloaded by visiting http://www.eminentware.com. Also live demonstrations of EminentWare’s patch management and configuration management solutions for both WSUS and ConfigMgr are offered weekly, visit http://www.eminentware.com to register.
About EminentWare’s Add-On Solutions for Microsoft WSUS and Microsoft ConfigMgr
EminentWare provides solutions that extend the power of Microsoft WSUS and Microsoft ConfigMgr to provide 3rd party patch management, advanced patch management control, configuration management, and easy-to-use management and compliance reporting. Key patch management and configuration management benefits provided by EminentWare include:
Advanced 3rd Party Patch Management
- Extends WSUS and ConfigMgr to enable easy 3rd party patch management on desktops and servers enterprise-wide
- Provides pre-built and tested patches for popular 3rd party applications automatically, including Google Chrome, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Mozilla Firefox, iTunes, Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions, and more. Using WSUS or ConfigMgr, patches can be quickly and easily deployed to desktops or servers enterprise-wide – requiring no scripting and saving many hours on patch management
- Provides real-time views and reporting, enabling IT managers to quickly determine which patches need to be installed where. Also dynamically control which patches get deployed where and when
- Sends automatic notifications when new patches are announced by vendors along with critical levels or security metrics – via email and “Outlook style” pop-up alerts
- EminentWare’s PackageBoot™ technology enables IT managers to handle advanced deployment scenarios including the ability to run before and after” scripts
- Perform on-demand enterprise actions such as enterprise-wide discovery, software and hardware inventory, immediate reboots, and software update scans and deployments
- Generate enterprise-wide reports and real-time views about patches, desktop configurations, server configurations, desktop & server health and more
- Diagnose and repair WMI Agents, Windows Update Agents, ConfigMgr Agents, and WSUS Agents enterprise-wide
- Manage server and desktop configurations, without interfering with end-users
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions. EminentWare enhances and extends the power of Microsoft management tools such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. EminentWare’s solutions reduce management time and expense by providing 3rd party updates, advanced update management control, on-demand enterprise actions such as reboots, enterprise discovery, software and hardware Inventory, software update scans and deployments, extensive reporting, policy evaluations, WMI and Windows Update Agent Repair, enhanced IT management data collection and health views and Configuration Manager and WSUS Agent diagnostics and re-install capabilities. For more information, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com
©2011 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.