Houston, TX (PRWEB) December 2, 2009
EminentWare, a provider of cost-effective patch management and configuration management solutions, today announced the release of two free WSUS tools which reduce administrative tasks associated with Microsoft’s Windows Server Update Services (or WSUS) migration.
EminentWare’s new free WSUS tools include:
- EminentWare WSUS ComputerMigrator
The EminentWare WSUS ComputerMigrator tool is designed to be used in a WSUS Server migration using replication when server-side targeting is used. The WSUS ComputerMigrator tool will copy existing computers into the correct groups on a replicated server.
- EminentWare WSUS ChangeUSS
The EminentWare WSUS ChangeUSS tool is designed to be used with any WSUS upstream server migration involving a URL change to the location of the upstream server. The WSUS ChangeUSS utility connects to each downstream server and updates the upstream server URL definition.
EminentWare’s WSUS Extension Pack is a cost-effective and powerful solution for implementing, managing, and reporting on patches, applications, and configuration settings throughout an IT environment. The WSUS Extension Pack extends the capabilities of an existing WSUS implementation, enabling IT managers to:
- Deploy, manage, and report on third-party patches and applications as well as Microsoft patches and applications with WSUS
- Create packages to quickly and easily deploy any MSI, MSP, or EXE across an IT enterprise
- Assess, implement, manage and report on third-party as well as Microsoft patches and applications from a central point of control
- Create and distribute management reports on the status of all patches and applications with built-in reports or easy-to-use ad hoc reporting
- Gain greater command & control of update management with scheduling, immediate updates, reboots, and approvals
- Dynamically choose updates to deploy & the machines to deploy to based on date, WSUS computer group membership, or other criteria
- Quickly find the status of any update including missing updates or those that are waiting to be installed
- Enable enterprise-wide discovery & inventory collection of 200+ system details
- Discover rogue, unauthorized, or misconfigured applications, domains, or workgroups
For more information, or to download a free 30 day trial of EminentWare’s WSUS Extension Pack, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com.