Lumension's comprehensive suite of solutions provides enterprises with smart, cost-effective tools that can mitigate the ever increasing range of security risks facing organizations today.
Scottsdale, Ariz. (PRWEB) April 28, 2009
As more IT organizations struggle to take a proactive versus a reactive approach to securing their data and networks, they are facing a whole host of emerging threats imposed by Web 2.0, social networking and consumer technologies in the workplace. These new workplace trends combined with an increasingly borderless enterprise, disaggregated supply chains, and an increasingly outsourced business model, create a daunting environment for IT professionals to successfully secure. To help enterprises protect their vital information and better manage critical risk, Lumension®, the global leader in operational endpoint security, today announced at InfoSecurity Europe 2009 the next iterations of its Lumension Endpoint Suite and Lumension Vulnerability Management Suite.
Improved Operational Efficiency and Lowered TCO with Endpoint Security Suite.
With the combined power of Lumension® Device Control and Lumension® Application Control within the Lumension® Endpoint Security Suite, enterprises can dramatically reduce risk due to data loss and the insider threat with a minimum investment - an important factor for organizations large and small who are under the gun to improve overall security measures with flat or even reduced budget parameters. New enhancements and key benefits include:
- Validated encryption capabilities via in-process FIPS 140-2 Certification - assures customers in both the public and private sector of the most reliable, safe and secure data protection solution
- Expanded OS platform and virtualization support - allows organizations to take advantage of advances in virtualization technology to reduce operational costs-
- Extended reporting and database optimization - lowers administrative burden while significantly reducing database footprints (50% reduction), allowing for 64% increase in query speeds, thus lowering administrative costs
Lumension Vulnerability Management: Optimizing IT Operations
Considering that the vast majority of cyberattacks exploit known security flaws, vulnerability management has never had greater importance than today when it comes to managing risk. It remains the single most effective security defense a company can undertake to manage its greatest amount of risk with the lowest possible cost. To that end, the newest versions of Lumension Patch and Remediation and Lumension Scan were designed to optimize IT operations' patch management efforts.
New enhancements and key benefits include:
- The broadest non-Windows content coverage - now provides the deepest Linux and Unix coverage to optimize IT operations by automating patch and remediation across all systems and servers
- Optimized management of Windows and non-windows patches - new account management capabilities provide simple sign-on for entitled non-Windows content along with prerequisite patch management to reduce administrative burden
- Enhanced inventory visibility for virtual machines - now automatically identifies and groups virtual machines for more effective vulnerability management and visibility of both physical and virtual environments from a single console
- Network Access Control (NAC) Integration - integrates with existing NAC infrastructure to automatically assess and remediate non-compliant endpoints that try to access the network, thus improving the organization's overall security posture Security and Systems Management Capabilities - centralizes the management, policy enforcement, and reporting of security and systems management tasks
"As IT complexity increases, Lumension's data and endpoint protection combined with vulnerability management solutions enhance customers' ability to protect vital information and manage critical risk," said Charles Kolodgy, research director for Security Products at IDC. "Lumension's comprehensive suite of solutions provides enterprises with smart, cost-effective tools that can mitigate the ever increasing range of security risks facing organizations today."
In addition to the enhancements to Lumension Patch and Remediation and Lumension Scan, Lumension has also made some important updates to Lumension Content Wizard, which simplifies the creation and management of custom software patches, scripts, and desktop configurations. The goal with this set of enhancements was to further improve IT efficiencies and overall security posture for enterprise organizations. Key enhancements to Lumension® Content Wizard include:
- Power Management Wizard - Centralizes and enforces desired OS power options across the network, including monitor, hard drive, standby, and hibernation settings and timing. According to Gartner organizations that practice PC power management can save tens of thousands of dollars per year. For example, in a shop of 2,500 unmanaged PCs, Gartner projects annual savings of $43,300.1
- Wizard-Based Content Creation - provides easy-to-use wizard-based creation of custom software patches and remediations along with security and systems management configurations
- Software Removal Wizard - quickly identifies installed software on endpoints and determines which unsupported or unlicensed applications should be uninstalled.
- Local Policy Set Wizard - easier setting of local security configuration policies, such as disabling guest accounts, unnecessary services, password complexity and length, unattended systems log off, via the new policy wizard
- Content Exchange Forum - allows content collaboration made simple via a company internal site access through the Lumension Content Wizard
1PC Power Management Activation Leads to Significant Power and Cost Savings, Gartner, February 2009
"The external and internal exchange of critical corporate data within the workplace is happening at an unimaginable pace, while the rise of malware and cyber attacks continue to occur at unprecedented levels. The only way companies can effectively combat today's security threats is by proactively mitigating and managing risk," said Mike Wittig, president and CTO of Lumension. "At the crux of the security issue is balancing the onslaught of new security threats with the total cost of ownership over your technology investment. With our new product enhancements, we are offering our customers a cost-effective solution to manage critical risk and protect sensitive corporate data."
"Our goal behind the enhancements to our products is two-fold," said Dee Liebenstein, senior director of product management. "First and foremost, we are continually evolving our product features and functionalities to further empower enterprises to simply security management and keep threats at bay. Second and equally important is to enhance PC power management capabilities through these product upgrades. Given the budgetary pressures, more organizations are realizing that the greatest savings come from employing power management features. By utilizing Lumension Content Wizard's power management features, companies can achieve remarkable savings while supporting green initiatives and reducing total endpoint TCO."
Lumension Vunerability Management is now available. Lumension Endpoint Suite will be made available June, 2009. For a free trial of the industry leading solutions, please visit Lumension Security Products Free Trial.
Lumension @InfoSecurity Europe
Please visit Lumension at booth # J60 Earl's Court at InfoSecurity Europe 2009 where, at the top of every hour while the show floor is open, you can learn about the latest trends and security best practices.
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security™, Inc., a global leader in operational endpoint security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets.
Lumension enables more than 5,100 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Florida, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Spain, Australia, India, Hong Kong and Singapore. Lumension: IT Secured. Success Optimized. More information can be found at lumension.com.
Lumension, the Lumension logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lumension. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.