London, UK (PRWeb UK) August 4, 2009
Just think about how your weekend break could be ruined with a breakdown or an accident - not so much fun now is it? That is why having your car insurance details within reach is vitally important! So whichever festival you choose to visit this year, be it the August Edinburgh Festival, or music festivals like Bestival or the Big Chill, make your trip as safe and as comfortable as possible. Here are a few tips from Endsleigh to help you on your way.
- Fill up with fluids before you leave - and not just your car either. While your vehicle will need a full tank of fuel and an oil and water check, the driver will also need to be well hydrated, especially if it is a particularly long trip.
- Check your tyres! This can't be stressed enough. Not only the condition of the tread, but also the pressure - increase the pressure for heavy loads if necessary. Check the vehicles handbook so you know you have them right.
- It's not a bad idea to head out earlier when the roads in the area may be quieter. This beats leaving at the last minute, arriving late, parking miles from the venue and missing half the fun.
- Once you arrive and park, make sure your vehicles lights are turned off and the doors are locked when you leave the car. Take your valuables with you and make sure you will remember where you parked.
- Take care of your car keys - losing the keys could cost not only plenty of money, but also mean days without your car as a key is reprogrammed or replaced.
Following these tips will not only mean that you ought to have a safer trip and a more pleasant driving experience, it should also mean a lowered risk of accidents or breakdowns, meaning few cheap car insurance claims....which means greater long term car insurance savings.