San Jose, CA (PRWEB) December 11, 2008
Druvaa announced the general availability of long awaited Druvaa inSync v2 on Linux platform.
The Linux release although still a beta, has all the features available in the Windows version. Key features include:
1. Data Deduplication -10X Faster backup with 90% reduction in bandwidth and storage.
2. Continuous Data Protection - Timeline based, from the past restore
3. WAN Optimization - Faster backups for remote usres over WAN/VPN
4. Security - 256 byte SSL and 256 bit AES encryption
5. On-demand Restore - GUI and browser based restores from any point in the past
6. Advanced Reporting - Six different reporting options for flexible and detailed reporting
7. Configuration API - Configuration API to enable integration with third party software
The first beta is launched as 32 bit RPM and DEB packages and supports following distributions -
1. Fedore Core 8+
2. Ubuntu 7.04+
3. openSuse 10+
Startups and OpenSource projects can get a free copy. Please write to opensource at druvaa dot com.
Druvaa also announced Year End Sale (20% Off) and significant changes to the license models. The pricing structure changes include -
1. New "Quarterly" subscription model at $10/PC
2. From now onwards upgrades would be Free of cost for both Annual and Quarterly subscriptions
3. Pricing for platinum support contract has been slashed by 30%
About Druvaa inSync:
Druvaa inSync is easy to use Enterprise PC Backup solution for local and remote users. The product uses data deduplication to save "only a single copy" of content (emails/docs) duplicate across users. This delivers 10X backup speed, with 90% reduction in bandwidth and storage.
The product uses Continuous Data Protection to create near-infinite restore points. On restore the user sees a timeline view of data and can restore from any point in the past.
Its simple, fast and secure.
Formed in 2007, Druvaa Software is a leading provider of Continuous Data Protection and Disaster Recovery solutions. Since inception Druvaa has released two products - Druvaa Replicator (Continuous Data Protection and Disaster Recovery) and Druvaa inSync (Enterprise Laptop Backup). Druvaa is angel funded by Indian Angel Network (IAN) and Accord International (HK).