Many executives with successful track records in larger corporations realize that job security derived from the size and stability of the company no longer really exists. But, even more important than the drive to become an entrepreneur, is the importance of having specific characteristics of an entrepreneur
Boston MA (Vocus) August 28, 2009
In a market where job security no longer exists, many executives have begun to consider the entrepreneurial option. TMI Executive Resources (http://www.TMIer.com ), an outplacement and career consulting firm catering to thousands of clients around the globe, offers insight on what makes a good entrepreneur.
TMI Executive Resources outlines the specific characteristics of a good entrepreneur:
- A good entrepreneur must have the knowledge as well as the skills to ''run their own show''.
- S/he must have the desire to become an entrepreneur, fully realizing the significant commitment of time and energy.
- It helps if s/he has previous experience leading or participating in ventures which have been sold, gone public, have been restructured or have simply grown too large.
- S/he must have a solid understanding of the financial risk and have assessed the financial resources needed.
- S/he has the ability to ''see the big picture'' and is capable of ''getting things done''.
- S/he should have a tolerance for entrepreneurial risk.
- S/he must be able to organize, evaluate and leverage a broad network of resources.
"Many executives with successful track records in larger corporations realize that job security derived from the size and stability of the company no longer really exists. But, even more important than the drive to become an entrepreneur, is the importance of having specific characteristics of an entrepreneur," explained Tom McNeil, the company's president.
TMI Executive Resources is a successful entrepreneurial venture itself. The company helps folks through the entrepreneurial decision; reduces the personal, professional, and financial risk; and increases the likelihood of substantial entrepreneurial reward.
TMI Executive Resources is a worldwide organization that provides professional career consulting and career management services as well as entrepreneurship consulting to executives. Founded in 1986, TMI has provided services to over 4,000 clients around the world and has grown to six locations on the East Coast. TMI headquarters is located at 20 William Street, Suite 100 in Wellesley, MA. The company has offices in Boston and Springfield, MA; Hartford, New Haven and Stamford, CT and Washington DC. For more information, contact 877-864-3932 or visit their website at TMIer.com.