"ESS is the only feed that takes into consideration all of an event publisher's needs."
Sunnyvale, California (PRWEB) May 14, 2013
There is nothing worse for event publishers than having their information scrambled or lost on the web. That is why a group of highly skilled programmers and event publishers have created ESS: a common, free, universal feed standard specifically for cultural events that functions as an add-on to any CMS and drives traffic to the original event page (like Feedburner does with RSS).
What is ESS?
- ESS standard is an open-source XML feed invented exclusively for events (concerts, festivals, expos, sports games etc.)
- ESS Feeds can be published from add-ons in most CMS or with simple code libraries placed in an existing event portal
- ESS federates provider’s events into one feed that can be updated everywhere in real-time
Benefits of ESS
- ESS structures and organizes crucial event information so it can be broadcast clearly
- ESS prevents the duplication of content by centralizing the information on the publisher’s website
- ESS Feeds target users accessing event information with mobile apps, web maps and agendas
- ESS drives traffic to the original event page increasing pageviews
And guess what? It's free.
How ESS Works
ESS Feeds can be generated from open-source libraries published at: https://github.com/essfeed
1. Select an open source library and download the code in your web language
2. Place the few lines of code where you generate events
3. Each generated event is automatically submitted to the list of event aggregators defined in the library
What Event Players Are Saying About ESS....
"Events and promoters NEED a better standard for syndication across the web. While there are various ways out there already, they all have too many drawbacks... I think ESS is the answer!" - Marcus Sykes, add-on creator of *Events Manager for Wordpress
“The only feed that takes into consideration ALL of an event publisher's needs” - Miquel Camps Orteza, Founder of Betabeers, ESS user
“An easy way to get your events noticed on the web”- Steffano Andreoli, Creator of cookingfriends.es, ESS user
- ESS is proud to call Events Manager its Official Wordpress Partner.
ESS is on the crowdfunding platform, Kickstarter! If live culture matters to you, support the ESS project and make finding the things you like to do easier than ever!
The Market is Waiting!
No open-source feed exists for online event promoters to publish such specific details as “attendee rules” let alone sufficiently feature the price, date, place, media files and categories that an event encompasses. Events published through RSS and iCalendar don’t allow for an efficient way to highlight special features of an event.
The Team Behind ESS
ESS was conceived by a group of independent event publishers, promoters and programmers at The Plug and Play Tech Center, an incubator for web technology. To contact us directly with any questions or for more information about ESS, send an email to contact(at)essfeed(dot)org
A complete, downloadable file of images detailing how ESS works, its benefits to event publishers, logo and statistics revealing the market need for ESS can be found here.