Bethlehem, PA (PRWEB) October 14, 2009
Tapping into the ability to perform event marketing across social networks, Active Data Calendar has added the capability to publish and share events across social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, and others through the AddThis® interface. Event marketers can take advantage of organic social media penetration without the overhead of redundant keystrokes and paid advertising.
Calendar visitors can easily share events with all of their friends and followers across multiple networks, who can then share it with their own Web 2.0 networks. Another new feature allows for visitors to subscribe for automatic updates of events by category to their personal calendar, such as Outlook, Google, Notes, GroupWise, and others. "Everything revolves around dates and times. The expansion of our Active Data Calendar product suite into a publish once, everywhere you want model addresses the need for proactive information retrieval for content that everyone takes for granted - date related info," said Susan Yee, CEO of Active Data Exchange.
New features in the Active Data Calendar 3.9 suite of products include:
- Social media integration using AddThis®, which allows site visitors to add event data to 150+ social media sites
- Choose which social media sites visitors can use to share events with the AddThis® interface
- Customize the look of the AddThis® interface including colors, buttons, menus, etc.
- Support for dynamic iCal subscription feeds of event data
- Automatically add event data from any calendar view to iCal compatible personal calendar software (MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- Changes made in Active Data Calendar will automatically be reflected on all personal calendars that are subscribed to that iCal feed (http://webcal)
- Available integration with the payment gateway TouchNet
- Payment tracking and associated workflow for payments by cash and check
- Facility keyword searching and improvements to automated workflow e-mails in the Open Entry Module
Active Data Calendar 3.9 is compatible with the latest Microsoft® technologies including Windows 7® and Microsoft Server 2008 R2® and has been given the "Front Runner" status by Microsoft® to signify early adoption of the latest Microsoft® technologies.
Active Data Calendar is a web-based calendar program that allows for events to be published, managed, and promoted on the Calendar itself, other web sites, social media outlets, portals, intranets, SharePoint sites, Student Information Systems (SIS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and other web-enabled enterprise technologies. Available extended capabilities include creating custom event registration forms and accepting registration fees online, booking facilities with specific features and resources for your event, and internal-only calendars to communicate and align key internal dates, deadlines, milestones, and events.
About Active Data Exchange
Active Data Exchange has been providing enterprise web-based event marketing and facilities scheduling software, email and text message broadcasting solutions and information broadcasting solutions for education, healthcare, government, non-profit, and corporate organizations since 1999. Products and services include Active Data Calendar, Active Data Communicator, and Active Data Syndicator. Clients include New York City Department of Education, Drexel University, Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network, Minnesota Department of Veteran's Affairs, Baylor College of Medicine, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, National Government Services, North Carolina State University, Temple University and others. Active Data Exchange is a PA certified Minority and Woman Owned Business and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. For more information, please visit http://www.activedatax.com.
CONTACT: SUSAN YEE