"As a result of the updates, we are already experiencing increased sales this quarter,” said John Lyon, Wilkins Harley-Davidson® co-owner.
York, Maine (PRWEB) February 08, 2013
The Element Group, creators of branded environments for banks, credit unions, and merchants has announced the completion of a two month long renovation project to the Wilkins Harley-Davidson® located at 663 South Barre Road, in Barre, Vermont. The newly updated dealership recently celebrated its 66th anniversary on Monday, January 28, 2013, which marked its celebratory re-grand opening.
The Element Group of York, Maine, was selected to renovate the 5,000 square foot retail portion of the dealership which included a Harley-Davidson® merchandise store, showroom, and personnel sales offices because of their ability to design and implement an inviting environment while incorporating the franchise’s history throughout the facility. The redesign introduced changes to environmental graphics, including portraits, a history wall connecting their heritage to the Vermont community, and polished concrete flooring all of which paid tribute to founder Harry J. Wilkins. Since 1947 generations of family have continued to play a role in the advancement of the Barre area Harley-Davidson®, and are also pictured throughout the space.
“We selected The Element Group for our store renovation because of their experience and turnkey project solution. Rather than work with multiple vendors, we relied on co-founder William Foley’s team to incorporate our rich history throughout the showroom while breathing new life to our bike displays. As a result of the updates, we are already experiencing increased sales this quarter,” said John Lyon, Wilkins Harley-Davidson® co-owner.
In order to preserve both the dealership’s historical value and recognition for Best Customer Service in Vermont and New England, The Element Group worked on numerous interior design details including:
- Increased visual graphics with the presentation of historical portraits and Harley-Davidson® images throughout the facility
- Incorporated The Harley-Davidson® color scheme within accent walls and throughout environmental graphics
- Strategically placed the Wilkins Harley-Davidson® history wall in the main entrance which includes photos and their story
- Introduced a flexible retail merchandising environment for accessories and clothing
- Developed an open floor concept for better visual display of motorcycles
- Incorporated seven individual sales offices to create privacy in an expansive environment with clear visibility to the retail floor
- Opened store frontage with large retail windows to display bikes during day and evening hours
- Updated all the slat wall fixtures, signage and retail lighting per the Harley-Davidson® corporate standards
- Built check-out pods for better space utilization and customer experience
About the Element Group: The Element Group (http://www.everybitmatters.com) is a creator of retail environments for banks, credit unions, and merchants using an integrated marketing approach. Teaching clients to think like a retailer when it comes to creating appealing spaces for increased brand awareness ultimately results in enhanced customer loyalty, more efficient operations, and increased network profitability. Co-founders Nate Baldasaro and William Foley, former executives for a major retail brand strategist founded the company in 2011 with the understanding bank branches and credit unions had fewer resources in which to update these environments. Since that time the duo has helped numerous clients identify target markets and sites, manage facility remodels, organize build out plans, and create strategies for merchandizing messages.