We are excited to be offering another modern day model with the Trenton Works release.
Provo, UT (PRWEB) October 28, 2012
ExactRail, a company that specializes in authentically detailed model railroad products, has released the Trenton Works 67’-11” Bulkhead Flat Car. The HO and N-Scale model train cars are detailed replicas of one of the most high-volume bulkhead flat cars currently running.
First introduced in 2005 by Trenton Works in Nova Scotia, Canada, the cars are known for their low stance and bold proportions. Great attention to detail has been given to the models, particularly with the design’s intricate underbody features. Another standout detail is the air hose assembly from under the draft box.
“We are excited to be offering another modern day model with the Trenton Works release,” said Blaine Hadfield, product vice president for ExactRail. “Meticulous research goes into creating an ExactRail model to feature even the most intricate of details. The Trenton Works model is a fine example of this kind of craftsmanship. The air hose feature alone was created by pouring over prints, pages of personal notes and dozens of photographs.”
Bulkhead flat cars are used to handle a wide variety of commodities including steel plates, lumber, pipe, beams, bars, coils and heavy machinery.
ExactRail developed the model in three highly accurate paint schemes. The “Forward Thinking” logo is included with some of the designs. Additional features include:
- Injection molded plastic, etched metal, laser-cut wood, formed brass and wire parts
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with metal axles
- Factory installed Kadee No. 156 couplers for HO-scale models and Micro-Trains No. 1016 for N-scale models
- Equalized 100-ton American Steel Foundries (ASF) ride control trucks
- Narrow-style draft box with shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and details
- Photo-etched, stainless steel brake platforms and brass bulkhead caps
- Hand applied details including air hoses, brake rods and brake appliances
Both models are currently available at a discounted price. The N-scale model is available for $25.95 and the HO-scale model is available for $38.95.
ExactRail is a leader in precision micro-tooling in model railroading. ExactRail offers engaging products with acute attention to detail and accuracy, setting a new standard for innovation and quality in the industry. Formed in 2008, the company continues to introduce a wide variety of new and innovative products. For more information or to purchase ExactRail models visit exactrail.com.