Bridgeport, CT (PRWEB) January 25, 2012
Direct property losses in the USA due to fire have reached almost $11 billion dollars a year. Although timely action is important, appropriate emergency actions need to be taken to restore walls and furnishings damaged by soot. To this end, one home restoration contractor who operates in Fairfield, Connecticut, 777 Cleaning and Home Improvement, has released some advice for homeowners.
“After fire damage, it’s natural to want to clean a house or building and its contents,” says Deon Thomas, President of 777 Cleaning and Home Improvement. “However, incorrect or delayed action can jeopardize, impede, or delay successful restoration.”
These emergency tips can increase the chances for a satisfactory restoration:
- Brush-vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, drapery, and carpet and open windows for ventilation. Don’t attempt to wash walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces or electrical appliances that may have been close to the fire.
- Clean and protect chrome on faucets and kitchen appliances with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Empty refrigerators and freezers if electricity is off and keep doors open. Do not use exposed food items or canned goods exposed to excessive heat.
- Pour non-toxic antifreeze in toilet bowls, sinks, and tubs to prevent freezing if the heat is off. Change the furnace filter.
- Contact a fire damage restoration service. Experienced professionals who know what appropriate emergency actions to take to restore wall and furnishings to their pre-loss condition.
777 Cleaning and Home Improvement has round-the-clock response operators on hand and state-of-the-art equipment to handle any fire damage as well as water/flood damage, sewer clean up, emergency debris removal, mold, mildew, and bacteria sanitization, and carpet and upholstery cleaning. Their team of highly dedicated and experienced staff can help with insurance claims and also offer carpentry, drywall, flooring, roofing, and renovation services. Their impeccable reputation along with personalized and caring service has quickly made them one of the Tri-State’s most sought after professionals.
For more information, please visit them on the Web at http://www.777cleanersct.com.
About 777 Cleaning and Home Improvement, LLC
777 Cleaning and Home Improvement’s impeccable reputation has earned them an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Fully licensed, bonded, and insured with more than 13 years experience, this company can be trusted to take care of water/flood damage services, fire damage repair and reconstruction, or any cleaning restoration and renovation needs. They proudly serve Fairfield and Haven Counties.