Morning sickness and heartburn cause real discomfort for many women during pregnancy. Fortunately, there are several natural ingredients that have been scientifically demonstrated to exert a beneficial effect in alleviating these symptoms...
Bellingham, Washington (PRWEB) November 14, 2012
Fairhaven Health recently released PregEase, its latest product to promote pregnancy wellness. Designed by a team of doctors and nutritionists, PregEase combines several proven ingredients to help relieve two of the most common pregnancy complaints: morning sickness and heartburn.
“Morning sickness and heartburn cause real discomfort for many women during pregnancy,” said Suzanne Munson, director of product development at Fairhaven Health. “Fortunately, there are several natural ingredients that have been scientifically demonstrated to exert a beneficial effect in alleviating these symptoms, including vitamin B6 and ginger. With PregEase, we’ve brought together several of these validated ingredients, and put them into a chewable tablet that tastes good even when you’re feeling nauseous – no small feat.”
It is estimated that around 75 percent of pregnant women experience morning sickness during the first trimester, and some women feel nauseous all day long, well into the second trimester. Researchers believe increasing hormone levels throughout the first and second trimester causes morning sickness and nausea.
Heartburn, on the other hand, occurs when acids from the stomach flow back up into the esophagus, causing an uncomfortable burning sensation in the chest. Heartburn is common during pregnancy because the growing baby puts pressure on the intestines, stomach and esophagus, which can slow digestion and increase the likelihood of stomach acid creeping back up into the esophagus.
Formulated by a team of doctors and nutritionists, PregEase is a unique, multi-ingredient chewable tablet designed to help relieve these common pregnancy complaints. Each chewable tablet includes:
- Vitamin B6, which has been scientifically proven to reduce the severity of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, is often the first line of defense in morning sickness prevention.
- Vitamin B12 has also shown to reduce vomiting in pregnant women.
- Calcium carbonate is included in many over-the-counter antacid products and is well known for its safe and effective heartburn relief.
- Brown seaweed powder contains alginic acid, which is included in many over-the-counter heartburn relief products. Alginic acid helps to reduce the discomfort of heartburn by providing a barrier between stomach acids and the esophagus.
- Ginger root helps reduce nausea caused by motion sickness and provides morning sickness relief.
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice root is known to soothe and heal the esophagus, ultimately reducing pain associated with heartburn.
- Lemon balm, an herb traditionally used as a digestive aid, helps reduce nausea and other digestive discomforts.
- Amylase, lipase and protease, enzymes that help ensure food is digested quickly and thoroughly, can help reduce symptoms associated with nausea and heartburn.
About Fairhaven Health
Fairhaven Health manufactures safe, doctor-designed products to promote natural fertility, pregnancy, and breastfeeding health. They provide ovulation prediction tools, fertility supplements, prenatal vitamins and breastfeeding support with all U.S. manufacturing governed by strict Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations overseen by the Food and Drug Administration. Distribution partners include hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, specialty retail stores and online retailers such as CVS.com, drugstore.com and walgreens.com.
Suzanne Munson received a Master of Science in Nutrition from Bastyr University, a leading academic center for natural health sciences. Suzanne has served as adjunct faculty at Bastyr University, clinic supervisor at the Bastyr University Natural Health Clinic, and has published several articles on nutrition and natural products. She has extensive experience within the health supplement field working as a consultant to the natural products industry, specializing in product formulations and consumer education.