The panel, themed “Consolidation, Divestitures and Diversification: Industry Dynamics During Challenging Times” will yield insight for the audience into both the changing shape of the current marketplace and the future direction of M&A activity.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
Fairmont Consulting Group Managing Director Jay Wynn has been invited to lead a panel discussion at the upcoming 11th Annual Speednews Aerospace and Defense Industry Suppliers Conference. For over 27 years, SpeedNews conferences have been widely regarded as one of the most prominent meetings for defense and aerospace executives and top-level decision makers. The panel, themed “Consolidation, Divestitures and Diversification: Industry Dynamics During Challenging Times” will yield insight for the audience into both the changing shape of the current marketplace and the future direction that merger and acquisition activity may take.
A number of distinguished industry leaders will be sharing their perspectives as part of the panel. These guests include Dr. Alex Vacca, Corporate Director, Business Assessment for Northrop Grumman, Kathy Ellis, VP – Mergers & Acquisitions for BAE Systems, and Gerry Haines, SVP Corporate Development for Mercury Systems. Jay Wynn, drawing insight from Fairmont’s extensive experience as a trusted adviser across the industry, will lead and participate in the discussion. Key topics for discussion will include:
- Federal budgeting and M&A – how the turmoil surrounding the DoD and broader Federal budget has affected corporate development efforts over the past year
- Insourcing/Outsourcing and the effects on M&A – trends that are driving either acquisitions or divestitures as a result of changing defense industry supply chain dynamics
- IRAD and M&A – evaluation and prioritization of research & development versus M&A as mechanisms to achieve corporate growth objectives
- Portfolio management – the process and metrics used for evaluating the performance of the current business portfolio, and how that ties to acquisition and divestiture decisions
- Acquisition priorities – key technical capabilities, market segments, customers, platform/program roles, geographic presence or other factors which define acquisition priorities
- Acquisition sourcing – different mechanisms and approaches used to identify attractive targets for acquisition, and the relative advantages, disadvantages, and preferences for those various approaches
- Adjacent Expansion / Diversification – strategic considerations and business processes for evaluation of growth opportunities outside core business areas, and the relative advantages and disadvantages of M&A versus organic investments as mechanisms to build presence in those adjacent markets
The conference will include fourteen sessions conducted by senior leaders from defense suppliers, investment banks and consultants, providing insight on the outlook for key defense programs and the direction of the industry. The insight provided by the conference will enable delegates to update their business plans and better respond to a dynamic and challenging defense market environment.
The conference will be held on May 1st and 2nd in Los Angeles. Delegates from over 110 organizations are expected to attend the meeting. Interested parties can register to attend via this link.
SpeedNews has been the source for easy-to-read news and information for executives in the commercial, business, and military aviation industries since 1979.
SpeedNews provides reliable news for professionals in the commercial, business and military aviation industries. SpeedNews was founded more than three decades ago on the premise that aviation executives need one main source for industry news available in a concise format.
For over 27 years, SpeedNews Conferences have been widely regarded as an industry staple for aviation executives and top-level decision-makers. At SpeedNews Conferences participants have the chance to meet distinguished experts in the aerospace industry and learn about current trends, new products, and future forecasts. SpeedNews Conferences offer an unmatched depth of market data, innovative ways to present your organization’s materials, and networking opportunities with customers and peers.
SpeedNews' Website, provides a wealth of information for decision-makers in the commercial and defense aviation industry. From newsletter services and specialized Conferences that cater to aviation manufacturing, suppliers, and finance executives to the largest listings of available aircraft, engines and APUs available, SpeedNews.com hosts valuable information that helps you directly target your core audience. For more information about SpeedNews, please visit: http://www.SpeedNews.com
About Fairmont Consulting Group
Fairmont Consulting Group is a Boston-based firm focused on due diligence and strategic advisory services for clients active in aerospace, defense, and government services. Fairmont’s rigorous analysis and unique insights help drive higher return on investment for financial sponsors and higher shareholder value for corporate clients. For more information about Fairmont Consulting Group, please visit: http://www.FairmontCG.com