If Marc Jacobs and Diane von Furstenberg both include polka dots in their collections, then you know it’s a real trend. Polka dots for fall are like the stripes of the current season.
Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) July 27, 2011
DownEast Basics, a high-style, low-price retailer that specializes in trendy fashions as well as modest clothing, is offering a sneak peek at some of its new fall styles. With new lines monthly for women, teens and girls, the DownEast brand delivers boutique, high-design looks at truly affordable pricing.
“We strive to embrace the industry’s top seasonal styles and trends, and our fall collection is shaping up to be no exception,” said Andrea Updike, head clothing designer for DownEast. “As always, our ‘Basics’ concept includes wardrobe essentials combined with new trends that can be easily layered and mixed and matched for versatility.”
Whether shopping for back-to-school or adding trendy new pieces to expand their fall wardrobe, a key benefit DownEast shoppers always enjoy is affordability.
“Customers become addicted to our brand because DownEast Basics prices are a fraction of what you’d spend shopping at a major department store or high-end boutique, but the styling is the same,” said Updike.
She talks about incorporating some of the fall’s hottest fashion trends in soon-to-be-available pieces from DownEast:
- Peplum Jackets & Sweaters: “Some of the fall’s prettiest cardigans, jackets and blazers come with whittled-in-at-the-waist silhouettes—which means you can highlight your ladylike shape even if you’re wearing layers. Watch for the Bookstore Cardi and Academy Coat to hit your local DownEast store this fall.”
- Mustard Hues: “Yellow and gold shades can be intimidating, but if you select the right one for your skin tone, you will find yourself glowing. Try deeper shades of gold if you have fair skin and the lighter, brighter mustard shades if you have a darker complexion. Try DownEast’s Time Will Tell Tank in Golden Apricot, the Pretty Scent Top and/or the Beauty Blazer. If you’re still reluctant about wearing yellow apparel, consider including the color in your accessories to stay on trend.”
- Polka Dots: “If Marc Jacobs and Diane von Furstenberg both include polka dots in their collections, then you know it’s a real trend. Polka dots for fall are like the stripes of the current season. Forget any assumptions you have about them being too spring or summery. Check out DownEast’s Vintage Flare Dress in Crushed Berry and our Burn Out Dots Tee – both featuring this classy and timeless trend!”
- Rust-Colored Coats & Sweaters: “All shades of orange are taking the fall fashion scene by storm. Find your favorite ones and mix bright oranges with soft and pretty shades of blush and rose for a vintage look. The Rose Ripple Cardigan is one of my favorite pieces in the DownEast line.”
- Long-Lasting Lace: “Every season, I wonder if the lace trend is nearing its end, but that’s still not the case. Revive the romance in your life with a little (or a lot) of lace. Two lace-infused pieces that are already available in DownEast’s July line are the Lace Lover Tee and Timepiece Dress.”
- Pleats: “Accordion-style pleat skirts and dresses offer fun texture and the long lines lengthen the body, which is always a bonus. DownEast’s Say Pleat Skirt is sure to become an essential piece in your fall wardrobe.”
About DownEast Basics
DownEast Basics (http://www.downeastbasics.com) offers high-design looks on a bargain basement budget for today’s cost-conscious yet fashionable consumer. The DownEast Basics clothing line features smart layering pieces and wardrobe enhancing garments so you can embrace the American classic look with your own sense of style.
The fast-growing retailer operates nationally with its Basics line via its online store in addition to 45 locations throughout the West including in Utah, Colorado, California, Idaho, Arizona, Washington, Nevada and Wyoming.