Virginia is for Lovers is about love – pure and simple.
Richmond, VA (PRWEB) March 3, 2010
Families who love to vacation together will now have the chance to win one of four, over-the-top trips from the Virginia is for Lovers Family Vacation Sweepstakes. Beaches, water and theme parks, hands-on museums, exciting history and outdoor adventure await four lucky families who enter to win at http://www.Virginia.org/family.
The contest runs through August 3, 2010 and each prize trip includes airfare for four, four nights of accommodations, a rental car, dining certificates and passes for activities and admission to nearly a dozen Virginia icons and sites. U.S. citizens 21 and older are eligible to win.
“Virginia is for Lovers is about love – pure and simple,” said Alisa Bailey, President and CEO of the Virginia Tourism Corporation. “For families, a Virginia vacation means more time to spend with those you love and completely connect while visiting iconic historic sites, outdoor activities and traditional favorites. This sweepstakes showcases what makes Virginia an ideal family destination.”
The Virginia is for Lovers Family Vacation Sweepstakes features four prizes, each with a different theme and regional focus. Prize trips are for four people. Highlights include:
Love Shines Bright – Prize drawing April 9, 2010
- Two nights at Great Wolf Lodge, with indoor waterpark
- Admission to Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Jamestown, Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center
- Passes to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA
- $50 Prime Outlets Williamsburg Gift Card, VIP Coupon Book and Food Court vouchers
- Yankee Candle “Wax Works Experience;” includes wax hands, wax art, tin of Popcornopolis, and lunch at Mrs. Claus Bakery and Café
- Two nights at Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center
- $300 in Virginia Beach Restaurant Association Gift Certificates
- Admission and behind the scenes tour of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Museum
- Kayak tour of the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge
Love Americana Style – Prize drawing May 14, 2010
- VIP tour and lunch at George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens
- Admission passes for the IMAX Theater and flight simulator at the National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- One day admission and food vouchers at SplashDown Waterpark in Manassas
- Two nights at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
- Timeless Tickets providing admission to nine of Fredericksburg’s historic museums and attractions, including Kenmore, the Mary Washington House and George Washington’s Ferry Farm
- Lunch at Goolrick’s Pharmacy and Soda Fountain in Fredericksburg
- Two nights at Courtyard Marriott - Fredericksburg Historic District
Love of Discovery – Prize drawing June 18, 2010
- Admission passes to Kings Dominion Amusement Park
- Admission to 30 Richmond area attractions including: Science Museum of Virginia, Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, Maymont, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and the Richmond’s Children Museum.
- Two nights at the Richmond Doubletree Downtown hotel
- Tickets to a Richmond Flying Squirrels Baseball home game
- Dinner at Tarrant’s Cafe in Downtown Richmond
- Dinner at Bottoms Up Pizza in Downtown Richmond
- Admission to Charlottesville area icons Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, Ash Lawn-Highland, and Michie Tavern Museum
- Tubing trip from James River Runners, LLC in Charlottesville
- Two nights at the Holiday Inn Monticello in Charlottesville
Love of the Great Outdoors – Prize drawing August 3, 2010
- Two cabin nights at Hungry Mother State Park in Southwest Virginia
- Choice of guided horseback tour, hike or bike trip along the Virginia Creeper Trail.
- Two nights at Break’s Interstate Park Lodge – the Grand Canyon of the South
- Choice of horseback riding, whitewater rafting or golf at Break’s Interstate Park
- $200 credit for meals
- Admission to Ralph Stanley Museum and Traditional Music Center in Clintwood, part of The Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail.
The Virginia Tourism Corporation launched the sweepstakes at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond, one of the many destinations that winners will visit as part of the prize trips.
Visit http://www.Virginia.org/family to enter to win the Virginia is for Lovers Family Vacation Sweepstakes and for a complete list of contest rules.
Love is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. Visit http://www.Virginia.org to start planning a visit. Or call 1-800-VISITVA to request a free, Virginia is for Lovers travel guide.