Lewisville, Texas (PRWEB) September 3, 2009
Wondering if the Grand Canyon is really a grand vacation idea for your family? Or looking for an off-the-beaten-path destination that will thrill your three-year-old? Or just browsing for family vacation ideas? Through extensive research and reviews from actual parents and families, BabySafeTravel.com has compiled a list of the top 10 best family vacation destinations.
1. Cape Cod, Massachusetts -Enjoy whale-watching tours, or float your own boat in a canoe or kayak. Bird-watch in the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, or come out for an educational (and fun!) evening bat watch!
2. The Oregon Coast - Take a break where the mountains meet the sea. Visit beautiful lighthouses, great museums, and the Oregon Coast Aquarium. At sunset, wind down, and drink in some of the world's most dramatic scenery.
3. Yellowstone National Park - Get in touch with nature, and the vast array of wildlife that calls Yellowstone home. Take your pack to the park for backpacking, hiking, fishing, and boating, and discover the amazing landscape of Yellowstone.
4. The Texas Gulf Coast - It may be one of the lesser-known coasts, but it's tops for an affordable and fun family vacation! Charming small towns like Port Aransas, Texas offer great shopping and amazingly fresh seafood. Enjoy a lazy day at the beach, try bird-watching, or go fishing.
5. The Grand Canyon - World-renowned beauty, science and history add up to a great family vacation - and an amazing family photo opportunity! Camp in some of the canyon's parks or relax in the many lodging options in the area.
6. Oahu, Hawaii - Beaches, hiking, tropical wildlife--Oahu has everything your family could want! Enjoy a history lesson at Pearl Harbor, or even learn how to play the ukulele.
7. Hershey, Pennsylvania - A vacation in this great Pennsylvania town will certainly satisfy the family sweet tooth! Hershey Park and ZooAmerica, wonderful accommodations, and chocolate-themed entertainment will delight your family.
8. Hilton Head, South Carolina -Small but beautiful, Hilton Head is packed with great restaurants, shops, and tons of fun activities for the entire family! Respect for the environment translates into picturesque views, no matter where you stay.
9. San Diego, California - Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and LegoLand will bring out the kid in everyone! Endless stretches of great beaches and San Diego's famously great year-round weather make it the perfect family vacation any time of year.
10. Orlando, Florida - There's something for all ages in Orlando, from the "Believe" Shamu show at Sea World to the thrilling rides at Disney World. Endless attractions like Universal Studios, Discovery Cove, Disney World, and Sea World create the setting for an unforgettable family vacation. Baby Safe Travel lists family friendly hotels in Orlando to help make your trip safe, comfortable and fun.
BabySafeTravel.com has you covered when it comes to finding great family friendly hotels in each of these destinations. With hotel reviews, written by parents just like you, you'll easily find the perfect hotel for you and your family, ensuring your best family vacation yet. Happy trails!