Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 14, 2012
Fanado is an online event space where artists and performers can connect with fans and aficionados, present to audiences, greet fans one-on-one, sign personalized collectibles, sell directly online, live stream and archive the event, and create personal experiences and lasting memories.
Fanado: (n) fan•ad•o /f ’nädō/
1. a person who is totally into and wildly knowledgeable about great artists of any and all kinds.
2. an innovative company dedicated to providing truly unique experiences and official autograph connections for such people.
“Fanado Goes Mobile” will fund the development of two mobile apps – one for artists and one for fans. Every iPad, iPhone and Android device will become the stage door – providing access behind the scenes, on the tour bus, in the recording studio, and wherever artists are creating. Currently anyone with a computer and a webcam can participate in Fanado’s pilot events, where musicians, athletes, authors and other celebrities host live online “meet and greet” sessions with their fans and sign deliverable mementos. This Indiegogo campaign will help fulfill Fanado’s mission of “Anyone, Anytime, Anyplace.”
Previously known as Idolvine, Fanado is based on the expertise that co-founders Margaret Atwood and Matthew Gibson developed in the fields of handwriting, remote signatures, video conferencing and digital media delivery. The distinct combination of face-to-face online meetings with legally verifiable signatures -- part of a patent portfolio built over seven years – is exclusively licensed to Fanado. Only Fanado can combine video with signatures, and deliver genuine autographs combined with personalized products, as well as artist/fan snapshots and video clips from the online meeting.
Fanado is more than a video chat, and delivers more than an autograph. Events are built around a backstage environment where fans with common interests can hang out, take part in public text chats, hold private video chats, discover new artists, learn about upcoming events, and make new friends. Participants in the “On Stage” meetings with artists receive an instant video clip of their experience that can be shared via social media. The audience member will also receive a one-of-a-kind, personalized and authentically signed collectible.
In its current release, Fanado Beta 2.0 will provide:
- Unlimited number of event stages
- Fully automated creation of events by Artist or Artist’s Rep
- Automated delivery of digital products including signed items and video clip
- Delivery of signed items directly to social media accounts
- Member sign-up using Facebook and Twitter credentials
- Dynamically created “Show Runners” to screen fans
- Private video conference among fans and public text chat while BackStage
- Live, on-screen autographing
- Queue management by Artist or Show Runner
- Optional live streaming of any event
- VIP (full 1-on-1 experience) and Viewer pricing
- Discount and complimentary codes issued by Artist or Show Runner
Fanado’s partnership with Ingram Content Group centers on a centralized wet signature service allowing artists to sign physical products remotely to a LongPen™ integrated into Ingram’s Tennessee fulfillment center. Personalized, autographed and delivered books, CDs, DVDs, posters, pictures and other memorabilia will be offered through Ingram once the full Fanado service comes online.
Margaret Atwood is the author of more than fifty volumes of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction, including The Handmaid’s Tale, The Blind Assassin, Oryx and Crake, and The Year of the Flood. Ms. Atwood’s work has been published in more than forty languages, and a number of her titles have been adapted for theatre, opera, television, and film. She is the recipient of numerous awards.
Daniel Edelman, Executive Chair of Fanado and former CEO of London-based literary agency Curtis Brown, has produced and arranged financing for movies (From Mao to Mozart, Gravesend, Roger & Me, Paris is Burning), theatre and television. His most recent production, Vulcan’s Where God Left His Shoes, starring John Leguizamo, was awarded the Sundance Humanitas Prize.
Further information on Fanado and the “Go Mobile” Indiegogo campaign can be found at:
Daniel Edelman, Executive Chair