Los Angeles (PRWEB) September 20, 2007
With Halloween creeping closer, Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, is introducing a new online guide to all things Halloween and Hollywood. The special section, Fandango's Halloween Haunt, includes information on upcoming horror films with photos and star info, moviegoer polls, top ten lists, Halloween-themed games, and recommendations on movie-inspired costumes. The section can be found at http://www.fandango.com/halloween.
According to a recent online Fandango poll, two out of three respondents said that they will wear movie-inspired costumes at their Halloween festivities. To help fans prepare their costumes and activities for the upcoming holiday, Fandango's fright site offers a Halloween Costume Recommendation Quiz, a Movie Costume Photo Gallery and a Design-Your-Own-Fandango-Bag-Puppet-Costume Game. Among the costume recommendations based on recent movie characters:
- Edna Turnblad (John Travolta) in Hairspray
- Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen)
- Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
- The hilarious ice skating stars (Will Ferrell, Jon Heder) from Blades of Glory
- Middle-aged bikers (Travolta and gang) from Wild Hogs
- The heavily bejeweled Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) of 300
The Halloween Haunt section also features top picks for cinema's scariest moments and characters including:
- The Fifty Greatest Horror Movie Quotes (including "I see dead people" and "Here's Johnny!")
- The Ten Creepiest Characters in Cinema (Hannibal Lecter, Norman Bates, et. al.)
- The Ten Best Modern-Day Horror Heroines (Jamie Lee Curtis, Neve Campell, et. al.)
- Fandango Fans' Five Most Anticipated Fall Horror Films (30 Days of Night, Stephen King's The Mist, Saw IV, among others).
The Fandango Halloween Haunt also features a "30 Sleepless Nights" sweepstakes, where entrants have a chance to win a flat panel HDTV television and a library of horror films on DVD. For more info on the sweepstakes, go to http://halloween.fandango.com/sweepstakesentry.php.
One of the Web's top movie and entertainment destinations, Fandango sells tickets to more than 15,500 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at http://www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com.
Fandango theater partners include the nation's leading exhibitors: AMC Theatres, Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, CineArts Theatres, Cinebarre, Cobb Theatres, Hollywood Theatres, IMAX, Kerasotes Theatres, Majestic Crest Theatre, Premiere Theatres, R/C Theatres, Wehrenberg Theatres and Winchester Theatres.
# # #