October shoppers will find steep markdowns on some major appliances, mattresses, air conditioners, gas grills, cookware and patio furniture and online shoppers can combine them with FatWallet’s October cash back sales for even bigger savings.
Beloit, Wisconsin (PRWEB) October 08, 2013
FatWallet launches a Columbus Day Deals promotion featuring October’s hottest coupons, deals and other smart savings on big ticket items for the home. Running October 7-14, Home Depot, Land’s End, Dell, Lenovo, Marriot and other top retailers are participating with significant cash back increases for FatWallet members. Columbus Day provides stores with an early opportunity to market department close-outs as they prepare for holiday season shopping. FatWallet reports a 38% increase in online shopping sales made through the popular deal site (Y.O.Y.) during Columbus Day and early October sales events.
“October shoppers will find steep markdowns on some major appliances, mattresses, air conditioners, gas grills, cookware and patio furniture,” stated Brent Shelton, FatWallet spokesperson. “Online shoppers can combine them with FatWallet’s October cash back sales for even bigger savings.”
With October consumers focused on seasonal clearance items and early fall discounts, FatWallet offers 6 tips to help them dial in on the best savings opportunities:
1. Lawn, Yard and Garden Close-outs: It’s an excellent time to find discounts on mid season lawn and garden care equipment on clearance, as well as bulbs, perennial plants, trees and what’s remains of drastically reduced patio furniture and accessories.
2. Major Appliances: Along with President’s Day and Memorial Day, Columbus Day hosts big appliance sales as home retail attempts to clear inventory for new models.
3. Holiday Travel Deals: If they haven't started, holiday travelers should set Hot Deals topic alerts in the FatWallet forums to nab up-to-the minute holiday pricing on airfare, hotels and car rentals before prices start to rise later this month.
4. NFL and Collegiate Sportswear: Football fans can find special discounts on new and old team merchandise as retailers push their inventory as early holiday gift ideas.
5. Fall Fashion Deals: Early bird shoppers may have found better selection and styles but paid the price as mid October fall clothing can now be purchased with large store-wide discounts during Columbus Day sales, especially for men’s clothing and shoes.
6. Sports and Outdoors Deals: With cold weather approaching, look for savings on hunting, camping and fishing gear, some as clearance and some items as seasonal sales.
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, and home of the Black Friday Deal Finder, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,500+ retailers like Kohl’s, Newegg, Walmart and Amazon to publish special offers, discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet is owned by Performance Marketing Brands (PMB) who owns and operates the world's most rewarding shopping programs. Through its family of distinct websites and reward programs, PMB users can get a great deal and earn money back every time they shop. PMB shoppers are expected to spend over $2 billion through PMB's websites and shopping programs in 2013.