San Jose, CA (PRWEB) June 22, 2010
ZenKraft today announced it has launched its new app on salesforce.com's ChatterExchange, helping to accelerate the market shift to Cloud 2, the next cloud computing paradigm. Shipmate is among the first apps to leverage the social components of Chatter available in the Force.com platform. These new apps can all be found on the ChatterExchange, a brand new category for social enterprise apps that is now part of AppExchange 2.
Shipmate and Salesforce Chatter brings FedEx shipments into the real-time conversation. With the new Chatter capabilities in Shipmate, users can now:
- Follow any shipment and receive real-time tracking updates on your Chatter feed;
- Schedule your tracking updates to run in the background so your shipment status is always up-to-date;
- Ship FedEx packages to Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities or any custom object in Salesforce CRM or Force.com;
- Provide unparalleled customer service by knowing the right answer, right now.
Comments on the News
- "With Salesforce Chatter, we were instantly able to add real-time collaboration and an unprecedented level of customer service to our FedEx shipping app! Everyone asks the same questions when it comes to shipping, what's the status of the shipment? And with Shipmate and Chatter, the answer comes to you automatically," say Zeel Jadia, founder of ZenKraft.
- ”Twitter and Facebook taught us we no longer need to go looking for the information, it comes to us via the real-time feed,” said Kendall Collins, chief marketing officer of salesforce.com. “Applications like ZenKraft’s Shipmate offers real-time collaboration on shipping, which has broad impact across every industry, and will lead to outstanding customer service.”
Companies of all sizes and all industries have realized that cloud computing can deliver tremendous success with low cost and is fast and easy to use. With the rise of Facebook, Google and Twitter, companies are now transitioning to Cloud 2, employing the social networking features made popular by the consumer Web, and deploying them in the enterprise entirely in the cloud.
Shipmate provides native FedEx shipping inside Salesforce CRM. With Shipmate, users can ship to any Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity, or any custom object. The simple wizard allows users to validate their addresses, define packages, calculate rate comparisons, and generate, store and print labels all inside Salesforce. Once in transit, Shipmate will automatically update the tracking status and any user that leverages Chatter will receive status updates in real-time. The end result is the perfect app to help customers manage and track their shipments.
Welcome to ZenKraft, the leader in Software-as-a-Service innovation. Our vision is to deliver valuable SaaS applications that simplify common business needs. Our SaaS platform of choice is salesforce.com's Force.com Platform. Force.com provides a complete infrastructure to develop, deploy and maintain simple, yet powerful, web-based business applications. ZenKraft Shipmate is built 100% on Force.com with seamless integration with FedEx®. Shipmate is utilized by many companies including Fortune 100 companies like Motorola and small to medium sized business like FONA International, TargetCast, The Auto Moto and more.
ZenKraft was founded in 2008, and has offices in San Diego and the UK. ZenKraft is a Force.com ISV Partner and part of the FedEx Compatible Solutions Program. Visit http://www.zenkraft.com for company information.
About the Force.com Platform and AppExchange
Force.com is the only proven enterprise platform for building and running business applications in the cloud. The Force.com platform powers the Salesforce CRM (http://www.salesforce.com/) applications, more than 800 ISV partner applications like those from CA Technologies, FinancialForce.com and Fujitsu, and 160,000 custom applications used by salesforce.com’s 77,300 customers such as Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE and Sprint Nextel. Force.com also enables developers to make any enterprise app social by leveraging the social collaboration components including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds available with Chatter.
Applications built on the Force.com platform can be easily distributed to the entire cloud computing community through the salesforce.com AppExchange 2 marketplace http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/, now featuring the ChatterExchange.
# # #