We are proud to be able to support this family event and the city of Ferndale.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Ferndale, WA (PRWEB) August 18, 2006
The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce announces the Ferndale Street Festival, Saturday, August 26th, 2006. From 10:00 a.m. to :00 p.m., the downtown streets of Ferndale, Washington will be closed from 1st Avenue to 3rd Street for the festivities. The day will be packed with summer fun, including a dunk tank, bull rides, arts and crafts, a climbing wall, kid's area, Turbo Turtle Race, craft and food vendors, a Corral of Cars car show and more.
Live entertainment on the main stage includes:
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Bell Bay Island Drums by Rick Brugger
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Double Action Training Academy Karate Demonstration
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. The Walrus
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 a.m. Ferndale Idol Contest
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Electric Shades of Blue
- 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. Turbo Turtle Race on the Nooksack
- 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Death by Radio – Street Dance
- 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Ferndale Idol Finals
The Turbo Turtle Race is a turtle race down the Nooksack River for the Grand Prize of a round-trip for two to Hawaii donated by PRWeb. The Turbo Turtles will be released into the Nooksack from the Main Street Bridge with the first turtle to arrive at Hovander Park awarded the winner. Turtles may be purchased for $5 from the Chamber of Commerce offices or from any Chamber member.
"This is a great chance for the entire family to have fun and celebrate the wonderful summer weather," stated Joel Baker, Ferndale Chamber Member and COO of PRWeb. "We are proud to be able to support this family event and the city of Ferndale."
The Ferndale Street Festival is sponsored by the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce and sponsors Alcoa Intalco Works, McDonalds, the City of Ferndale, Silver Reef Casino, Tenaska Ferndale Cogeneration Station, Conoco Phillips, Les Schwab Tires, PRWeb, Horizon Bank, Ferndale Record Journal, Whatcom Educational Credit Union, NW Technology, Bluewater Wireless, and Sullivan Plumbing.
# # #