Knoxville, TN (PRWEB) August 29, 2008
Whether you're throwing the perfect summer event, or just relaxing to beat the heat, Stephen Phillips, host of Fine Living Network's Great Cocktails, is offering up ten cool and creative recipes for iced cocktails on FineLiving.com. (http://fineliving.com/cocktails )
Each of these cool drinks will serve as the sure-fire cure for the summertime blues. So take a dip in the pool, chase some fireflies and shake up that backyard party with these ten terrific treats:
1. The Frozen "Texas Twister" - Do it up in larger-than-life style with this frozen margarita that'll cool those hot spots and let you celebrate in true Lone Star style.
2. Frozen Margie-Cadorita - Guacamole and tortilla chips are the perfect amigos for margaritas, and this version includes guacamole's essential element.
3. Frozen Hurricane (N'Awlins Style) - Here's a tribute to the Bayou State that's "big" on rum and "easy" to make. Get ready to "Say what!?" after sampling this pleaser from the Big Easy.
4. Amazing Grace - It's coconut, rum and pineapple juice. What could be more inspirational? This frozen Caribbean cocktail hails from sunny Anguilla.
5. Frozen Irish Banana - Didn't know they grew bananas in Ireland, did you? Well, they don't, but adding a bit of Irish Cream makes for a refreshing and delicious concoction that will have everyone's eyes smiling.
6. Frozen Waterberry Batida - Brazil is the land of cachaca, a liquor made from distilled sugar-cane juice (most other rums are distilled from molasses). Try Coca Fresca Cachaca -- not just for its taste, but because its makers donate a portion of the proceeds to nonprofit groups dedicated to helping preserve the Brazilian rain forest.
7. Arturo's Positively Frozen Positano - The Ristorante Covo dei Saraceni in Positano, Italy, serves this wonderful frozen cocktail on the sun-drenched shores of the Amalfi Coast.
8. Frozen Mint Julep - You don't have to be at the Derby to enjoy this traditional Southern charmer.
9. Caf'Cino Freeze - Here's a cup of summer morning joe you won't soon forget. If you love coffee, you'll be making these java blasts morning, noon and night!
10. The Steve-O-3-O Fav-O-Freeze - This taste experience will take you back to the sweet, sunny days of Creamsicles. If you can say that name three times fast after drinking one of these, well, you need another!
Check out FineLiving.com for more great cocktail ideas, including the Stephen Phillips' library of cocktail videos.
A division of Scripps Networks, SN Digital is a diversified, multi-platform programmer that delights millions daily with award-winning content in the home, food and living categories. SN Digital's Web sites -- HGTV.com, FoodNetwork.com, DIYnetwork.com, FineLiving.com, GACTV.com, Recipezaar.com, HGTVPro.com, and the newest FrontDoor.com -- are powered by engaging content, interactive tools and social spaces that take fans of Scripps Networks cable brands further into the story and offer online users information and inspiration to fuel their passions. SN Digital also distributes content to mobile and online partners, providing lifestyle solutions virtually anywhere, anytime.