We're very happy with the performance of the new FireCast release
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (PRWEB) February 27, 2008
"We've been listening to customer feedback and studying the market for over seven years," said WireSpring CEO Bill Gerba. "The new version of FireCast helps customers create even more striking displays, while reducing the time and cost of operating their networks."
New features in the FireCast OS playback software include:
- Multi-channel video output allows customers to drive up to four separate screens from a single player, with a multi-zone layout on each screen
- Dynamic templates make it easy to combine content and information on-the-fly
- Other new features include multiple tickers on the screen at once, layered playback zones, duration detection for all content types, live TV on rotated screens, and smoother playback of Windows Media files
New features in the FireCast ClientCenter content management software include:
- A more efficient Playlist Editor that lets customers drag-and-drop files, choose which files will appear full-screen, and specify the start/end date, start/end time, and days of the week for each ad
- An expanded File Manager that provides centralized access to content, playlists, and reports
- The ability to display AccuWeather content by choosing it from the Playlist Editor
"We're very happy with the performance of the new FireCast release," said Kim Zetterberg, President of Frontcast Media (http://www.frontcast.se). "The multi-channel video output has simplified the installation process and lowered our costs for out-of-home advertising projects," he continued, "and our customers tell us the new playlist tools are saving them time every day."
Unlike other software packages, FireCast provides a greatly simplified experience for network operators and system integrators because everything is included on a single disk. This translates to increased productivity and lower total cost of ownership. FireCast installs onto a brand-new media player or kiosk in about six minutes, without the need for a separate Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, third-party drivers and security software, or other time-consuming add-ons. The entire remote management system is hosted by WireSpring, so there are no servers to buy or maintain. Though primarily a software company, WireSpring also offers media player hardware and project management services.
The upgrades to FireCast ClientCenter were released in October 2007. FireCast OS 4.0 is available now, and current customers can download it from the ClientCenter website. For more information on FireCast, please see http://www.wirespring.com.
In addition to developing its software products, WireSpring invests heavily in market research and education, with new findings and tips published regularly on the company's blog at http://www.wirespring.com/weblog.
WireSpring helps companies streamline their sales process and communicate more effectively with their customers and employees in retail stores, banks, corporate campuses, and other venues. The company's FireCast product line is used to power instant credit kiosks, out-of-home advertising networks, and other transactional and informational applications for customers worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.wirespring.com.