As a leader in the hearth products industry, we believe it's essential that LHP take action to promote more efficient and cleaner indoor burning
Orange, Calif. (Vocus) September 17, 2008
Using a fuel-efficient fireplace or wood-burning stove can save money on heating costs and help protect the environment. Lennox Hearth Products (LHP) has identified a group of its products designed to help customers achieve those goals.
Named "Burn Smart," this lineup of products features cost-effective and clean-burning fireplaces and stoves, as well as inserts. To be designated "Burn Smart," each must meet the following criteria:
- Third-party eligibility - The product must meet the guidelines of at least one of the following third-party accrediting programs:
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), the nationally accepted benchmark for sustainable building
- National Association of Home Builders® (NAHB) Model Green Home Building Guidelines, designed to help systemize the green design and construction of new homes
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification, which sets standards for air quality, including limits on the amount of particulate matter emitted by fireplaces and stoves
- ENERGY STAR® Indoor Air Package (IAP), helps meet an increasing demand for homes with improved indoor air quality and energy efficiency
- High fuel efficiency - An LHP Burn Smart product must demonstrate high fuel efficiency.
- Clean-burning - The product must have low emissions.
"As a leader in the hearth products industry, we believe it's essential that LHP take action to promote more efficient and cleaner indoor burning," said Robert Dischner, director of marketing for Lennox Hearth Products. "To that end, we have identified products that are well-adapted to the growing trend toward green building and can help reduce the cost of home heating."
Offering a diverse family of products for every style and budget, Lennox Hearth Products (LHP) is a leading manufacturer of indoor and outdoor fireplaces, fireplace inserts, free-standing stoves, gas log sets, accessories and venting products for the specialty retail, residential new construction and industrial markets. LHP, based in Orange, California, is a subsidiary of Lennox International Inc., which operates in over 100 countries and is a global leader in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration markets. More information about LHP can be found at http://www.lennox.com.
# # #