Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (PRWEB) September 20, 2006
Lifelong health and fitness success is not achieved through the use of an exercise gadget or a cleverly marketed weight loss vitamin supplement. It is the result of a host of lifestyle habits that are time tested factors in helping people become, and stay, healthy and fit for life.
"Unrealistic diet fads and 'extreme' workout programs do not provide people with realistic and effective solutions that result in fitness improvements that can be maintained for life," explains Joey Atlas, MS -- Exercise Physiology, creator of 'The Home, Office And Travel Fitness Plan DVD System.' "Mindset is the first thing that needs to be evaluated. Once all the myths and misperceptions about fitness and weight loss have been deleted, there is room to start creating the new mindset which allows for continuous health and fitness improvement."
Here are Atlas' tips for achieving permanent fitness success:
1) You must believe that you can be physically fit. If you don't believe in yourself, you are sure to fail.
2) Your desire to be fit must be deeper than just liking what you see in the mirror, or fitting into smaller clothes.
3) You must be pro-actively focused on making lifestyle choices that are conducive to fitness improvement or maintenance.
4) You must strengthen your conscious use of the willpower you possess that has been underutilized.
5) Continuously utilize steps 1 through 4 to help you stay committed to a realistic exercise schedule, an effective fitness program and wise nutritional habits.
'Secrets of a Trainer' is a free fitness inspiration e-newsletter, published by Joey Atlas. Your readers can sign up for their free subscription at http://www.TheFitnessShaman.com -- Joey's DVD Fitness Programs are also available via this website.
If you'd like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with Joey Atlas, please call 904-891-6336. He can also be reached via the website.