The hidden, but critical elements in all of this are the Big Data targeted support solutions we offer.
MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) November 20, 2018
Nor-Tech is a leading expert on architecting high performance infrastructures to support Big Data analytics. Data driven science, along with the explosion of petabytes of data, requires dedicated analytics computing resources. Node architectures with large memory and high memory bandwidth are a necessity, often large local storage on each compute node is part of the formula also. While cloud computing can be more cost effective for small data workloads, hardware is without a doubt more cost effective at scale, for long duration projects or continuous use.
Nor-Tech Executive Vice President Jeff Olson said, “Because of the enormous quantities of data involved in Big Data computing solutions, the solution must incorporate a strong infrastructure for storage, processing and networking. If this is lacking, a Big Data solution won’t perform the way it should. The hidden, but critical elements in all of this are the Big Data targeted support solutions we offer.” Following are five infrastructure/support requirements for Big Data analytics.
- 1. Storage: Organizations need to invest in storage solutions that are optimized for big data. Flash storage is especially attractive due to its performance advantages and high availability. Another smart option is clustered network-attached storage (NAS). While cloud is also an option, large organizations find that the expense of constantly transporting data to and from the cloud makes this option less cost-effective than on-premise storage.
- 2. Processing: Servers intended for Big Data analytics must have adequate processing power. Currently, the top choice for processors is Intel Skylake.
- 3. Analytics Software: The choice of Big Data analytics software should be based not only on what functions the software can perform, but also data security and ease of use.
- 4. Networking: The massive quantities of information that must go back and back and forth in a Big Data project require robust networking hardware. Thus capacity for secure network transports is an essential component of Big Data infrastructure.
- 5. Support: In addition to hardware expertise and software integration expertise, Nor-Tech has pioneered a comprehensive suite of Big Data analytics support solutions for straightforward deployment, operation and maintenance. The suite is a thoughtful response to well-known obstacles that, until now, have prevented many organizations from fully and cost-effectively leveraging Big Data analytics These solutions include remote visualization, storage guard, SATM (system ambient temperature monitor), bare metal backup, remote monitoring and management, Open OnDemand Plus, Bright Cluster Manager for Data Science, etc.
Nor-Tech is on CRN’s list of the top 40 Data Center Infrastructure Providers along with IBM, Oracle, Dell, and Supermicro; and is a high performance computer builder for 2015 and 2017 Nobel Physics Award-winning projects. Nor-Tech engineers average 20+ years of experience. This strong industry reputation and deep partner relationships also enable the company to be a leading supplier of cost-effective Lenovo desktops, laptops, tablets and Chromebooks to schools and enterprises. All of Nor-Tech’s high performance technology is developed by Nor-Tech in Minnesota and supported by Nor-Tech around the world. The company is headquartered in Burnsville, Minn. just outside of Minneapolis. Nor-Tech holds the following contracts: GSA, University of Wisconsin System, NASA SEWP V. To contact Nor-Tech call 952-808-1000/toll free: 877-808-1010 or visit http://www.nor-tech.com.