Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
Used in diverse fields such as electronics, energy and healthcare, flexible devices represent a category of devices that in recent year have experienced strong market growth due to their advanced characteristics. Flexible devices that are lightweight and can bend and conform to curved surfaces due to their thin profile provide versatility and allow for the creation of new and low-cost applications.
As flexible devices become more popular, the need increases to use high-volume processes for their fabrication. Consequently, the industry is steadily transitioning to the integration of roll-to-roll (R2R) technologies (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/238362-global-markets-for-roll-to-roll-technologies-for-flexible-devices.html) for fabricating these devices.
The primary goal of this report is to offer new insights on flexible devices that are produced using roll-to-roll technologies, outlining technological and industry trends and providing a market analysis for these products.
Specifically, the major objectives of this study are:
- To identify various commercially available and emerging flexible devices, including a description of their types and fabrication technologies.
- To highlight new technological developments in flexible device manufacturing, while outlining technical issues.
- To review various processes that are being used for roll-to-roll manufacturing, focusing on those that are quickly gaining in popularity.
- To estimate current global markets for flexible devices produced by roll-to-roll technologies based on device type, manufacturing process, substrate material and region, with growth forecasts through 2017 for each market segment.
- To identify important technology and industry trends within each market segment.
- To offer an updated review of current industry players, including manufacturers of devices and materials as well as equipment and technology developers.
- To provide a description of the most relevant research and development activities.
- To determine trends in recently issued U.S. patents.
This report provides:
- An overview of the market for roll-to-roll (R2R) technologies in the development and commercialization of flexible devices, including electronic devices, such as flexible displays, and energy devices, such as flexible solar cells.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 through 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Description of various types of flexible devices produced by R2R methods, together with a historical review of the technology and an outline of the most significant recent developments; current and emerging applications for these products also will be discussed.
- Examination of technical issues, and examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for.
- A list of the leading providers of R2R technologies and flexible devices, along with a description of their products.
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=238362.
Explore more reports on Semiconductor and Electronics Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/semiconductor-and-electronics/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.