Tampa, FL (Vocus) February 6, 2010
- Chuck Dixon, from Batman and G.I. Joe
- Pat Broderick, from Green Lantern & Doom 2099
- Drew Geraci, from Justice League of America
- Jim Fern, from Fables and Wolverine
- Ink Pot Award Winner, Nick Cuti from D.C. Comics and Producer of the movie, TAGGED!
- Amanda Stevens, Model from the Superhuman Experiment
- Glenda Finklestein, Sci-Fi Writer
- Creature Productions, Movie Company
- Jeffrey Breslauer, TV Actor from Swamp Thing and Superboy
- Joel Wynkoop, King of the B Movies (Creep, Lost Faith, and H.G. Lewis’ The Uh-Oh Show, and 50+ movies)
Batman, Superman, costumed characters from Florida’s 501st Legion of Star Wars and more characters will be there to meet and greet visitors and take photos. Toys, comic books, collectibles, t-shirts, and other comic and movie memorabilia will be available for purchase. The event will be held inside the Sweetbay Entertainment Hall at the Fairgrounds in Tampa. Parking and entry into the event is free with a Fair gate admission ticket purchase. The Florida State Fairgrounds are located at 4800 US Hwy. 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610.
Gate admission prices on Saturday are $12 for adults ages 12 and older, $6 for children ages 6-11, and free for kids five and younger. There are more than 150 free things to see and do that are included in the price of an admission ticket while at the fair. There are more than 100 rides on the Midway plus the original BATcopter from the TV Series Batman offers an aerial view of the fairgrounds for $30 per person to ride in the helicopter. Ride tickets are $20 per sheet or $5 for 4 ride tickets. All rides require more than one ticket to enjoy.
The 106th annual Florida State Fair takes place for twelve days starting on February 4 and ending on February 15, 2010. The Florida State Fair – always in Tampa and always in February – is organized by the Florida State Fair Authority under the leadership of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Agriculture Commissioner Charles H. Bronson leads the Fair Authority, which oversees the Florida State Fairgrounds and the annual Florida State Fair. For more information about the Florida State Fair or the Fairgrounds, visit online http://www.floridastatefair.com/, call toll-free (800) 345-FAIR or (813) 621-7821.
The Florida State Fair Authority is a non-profit organization which operates primarily from revenues generated from the annual State Fair and other ongoing operations during the year. Presently, the FSFA does not receive any state tax appropriations from Hillsborough County, City of Tampa, nor the State of Florida. The FSFA operates the Florida State Fairgrounds year-round in association with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Agriculture Commissioner Charles H. Bronson leads the Fair Authority Board, which oversees the Florida State Fairgrounds and the annual Florida State Fair.
For press relations inquiries, please contact a Fair Authority staff member as identified below:
(1) Denise Shreaves – Manager of Marketing & Public Relations for the Florida State Fair Authority
E-mail shreavd(at)doacs(dot)state(dot)fl(dot)us / Office #: (813) 627-4314 / Cell #: (813) 732-0141
(2) Rip Stalvey – Interim Director of Marketing for the Florida State Fair Authority
E-mail stalver1(at)doacs(dot)state(dot)fl(dot)us / Office #: (813) 627-4222
# # #