We are honored that the readers of Laboratory Equipment Magazine have chosen the SmartTrak 100 with Compod as the Readers’ Choice Award winner.
Monterey, CA (PRWEB) August 19, 2013
Sierra Instruments is pleased to announce that their SmartTrak 100 Series with Compod is the winner of Laboratory Equipment Readers’ Choice Award for meters, monitors, and gauges. For over a decade, scientists, lab technicians and managers have used the SmartTrak Series for precise gas mass flow control and measurement to increase lab efficiency.
“We are honored that the readers of Laboratory Equipment Magazine have chosen the SmartTrak 100 with Compod as the Readers’ Choice Award winner. With a large installed base over a decade, scientists have relied on the precise flow meter data that the SmartTrak 100 series provides. Scientists trust the accuracy and appreciate the flexibility of the SmartTrak,” says Product Line Director Scott Rouse.
A SmartTrak with Compod is designed to replace more expensive DCS or PLC mass flow control systems, allowing scientists to automate a variety of experimental parameters. The SmartTrak 100, coupled with Sierra’s new Compod monitoring software, offers scientists an intelligent mass flow controller, greatly simplifying basic flow control installations and permitting networking of multiple instruments using open-source MODBUS RTU protocol. Two digital outputs and one analog input can be configured by the end-user, while the Compod monitors the functionality of the MFM and/or MFC and provides diagnostics, notifying users of faults or system upsets. The SmartTrak 100 with Compod provides a linear sensor, smoother control valve operation, more robust electronics and more control over a wide range of functions.
Unique Mass Flow Meter Features:
- True linear performance provides high accuracy and great flexibility in multiple gases
- Accuracy of +/- 1.0% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0-10 sccm to 0-1000 slpm.
- With Dial-A-Gas® Technology, users select from up to 10 pre-programmed gases or substitute their own
- The ability to adjust calibration in the field for each of these 10 gases independently
- Unique Pilot Module (mounted or hand-held) lets users view and change critical control functions in the field
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering direct-acting control valve technology
- MODBUS RTU networking capability with Sierra Compod™
- Digital communications solutions include: Modbus RTU and Profibus DP.
In addition to the features above, the SmartTrak 100 with Compod is also a featured product on Sierra’s Online Store. Lab engineers and researchers can order in-stock mass flow meters and controllers online for fast, next-day delivery.
Learn more about the SmartTrak with Compod today.
A global leader in flow measurement and control for over 40 years, Sierra instruments designs and manufactures high performance flow instrumentation for gas, liquid and steam applications commonly found in the pharmaceutical, scientific research, health, energy and semi-conductor industries. With over 150 offices in 50 countries, Sierra is uniquely positioned to provide their innovative products and lifetime support for the leading companies of today and the growth enterprises of tomorrow.