"We're listening to our users by honing features and implementing new ones on a daily basis" said Joe Wakeford, CEO of folkdirect.com. "Privacy, data security and fun are key to our product which will remain free to use."
(PRWeb UK) June 30, 2010
Folkdirect.com launches an online presence with significant improvements on its competition. The folkdirect.com social platform sparks the interest of seasoned internet socialites and newcomers to the phenomenon alike. Enhanced features and tight privacy controls put this easily accessible and free website on the scene. The site is noted for having minimal advertising targeted by user location and not user content.
As set out by a group of English friends living in Europe in January 2010:
- build a social network with strong and dependable privacy controls
- functionality and features of a normal social network, additional blog tools and in-house gaming
- no advertising based around user content
- no third-party applications phishing and selling user content
The people behind the site:
Folkdirect.com is designed and maintained by professional programmers supported in-house by a team of internet users and enthusiasts. Without external funding the team have been able to focus entirely on user feedback, not corporate agendas, and improve on their existing platform.
"We're listening to our users by honing features and implementing new ones on a daily basis" said Guildford (Surrey, England) born Joe Wakeford, CEO of folkdirect.com. "Privacy, data security and fun are key to our product which will remain free to use." When not overseeing the day-to-day running of the site, Wakeford is a music producer and songwriter to big names around the globe. He values an efficient, secure communication system based around an intuitive and consistent platform.
For some, joining a new site or making a change is perceived as an effort – folkdirect.com has a
short join form on its intro page giving users direct access to the following benefits:
- robust privacy controls
- no adverts using user data
- all the usual social tools along with a blog section, live chat
- no third party applications phishing user data
- online gaming section with user-controlled championships
- business opportunities for advertisers
- free access 24/7
The site includes mechanisms for the reporting of unwanted or illegal content and a user blocking system to remove unwelcome contacts to aid the security of its users.