Social media is having a dramatic impact on the nation’s culinary landscape.
FORT LEE, New Jersey, (PRWEB) January 14, 2013
SocialTechNews.com today shared a new series of trends and predictions for 2013 from the MSLGroup North America Culinary and Nutrition Center claiming that social media is acting as a food trend accelerator. A series of predictions for 2013 state that social media ushers new foods and food trends to the masses in an accelerated manner, providing a better chance for food-related items to earn recognition early on.
With American lifestyles more mobile than ever before, many people are taking their food along with them according to industry insiders from the Food & Beverage Specialty Team of MSLGROUP North America. Food experts involved in the organization’s annual list of top 10 food predictions say that most favorite foods will be transformed into portioned sizes, making them handy for the mobile lives of North America.
MSLGroup experts say that North America’s specialized food PR and marketing division is tasked with following industry research, and advising America’s food industry from grower to table. The group is also an industry leader in tracking social media’s influence on American food and beverage purchases.
Steve Bryant, director, Food & Beverage, MSLGROUP North America, says that Americans will be seeing more single serving food and drink items, including single serve coffee pods, high protein snacks, one-liter boxed wines and other individually packaged food items that are more portable and designed with snacking in mind. They also will appeal to consumers with an eco-friendly consciousness.
According to the group’s recently published study called “Clicks and Cravings,” social media has a dramatic impact on the nation’s culinary landscape, allowing food manufacturers, chefs, restaurants and others to get their new food industry discoveries out to the public in record time, and at record volume.
Some of MSLGROUP’s Top 10 predictions for food trends in 2013 are:
1._Healthy alternatives. Chefs and food developers are coming up with new alternatives to salt, fats, and zero-calorie sweeteners for packaged foods that taste good.
2. Protein-to-Go. Snacks are eclipsing full meals for busy Americans who often eat on the run. Newly developed protein-fortified bars, snacks, beverages and high-protein products specifically formulated for men and women are going to explode on the culinary scene in 2013.
3. Strong, strong coffee. Coffee is a valuable source of antioxidants and the “morning buzz” that so many people depend on. Coffee has been found to offer a host of benefits, a uniform demographic appeal, and a more than 100 percent increase in growth in the industry’s single serve coffee division.
4. Trends in preserved foods. Americans are becoming more aware of the astronomical amount of foods wasted each year, primarily because it spoils before it’s eaten. Items like pickled, cured, fermented and brined foods are appearing in restaurants and higher-end grocery stores. Consumers can look for Peruvian ceviche, Korean kimchi, and brined Moroccan lemons, and stop obsessing over the need for everything they eat to be fresh. A resurgence in frozen foods is expected to follow suit.
6) Photo Food Sharing. For those who may not have noticed, photo food sharing has exploded in recent years as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest give diners the opportunity to snap a photo of their delectable plates of food and post them on their social networking sites. In fact, food is far more popular than all other categories of photo sharing posts. This “connected table” trend will experience no slowing down in 2013.
7) Transparent Food Labeling. Consumers have done a good job advocating for food label transparency, and smart phone apps have been developed for users to scan a barcode and learn every ingredient in any item of food – including artificial additives.
For more information on social media’s influence on foods and beverages, visit the SocialTechNews.com website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Marble Media LLC:
Marble Media LLC is a creator of high-quality, content-rich blog sites that provide expansive coverage of relevant information to readers who make up a wide range of demographics. The Marble Media LLC team of expert writers covers a wide range of specialties including travel, food, health, fitness, social media, marriage, parenting, technology, weight loss, fashion and much more.
For more information on Marble Media LLC’s offerings and advertising opportunities, visit the MarbleMediaLLC.com website, or Email email@example.com.