We've improved our competitive position in the market, so we're not just limited to non-standard business anymore. We've also provided numerous discounts in the new program because they're an excellent retention tool for agents.
Grand Rapids, MI (Vocus) February 2, 2010
Foremost Insurance Group is expanding its Dwelling Fire program in Ohio effective February 1, 2010. Foremost® is targeting standard and preferred landlord and rental property customers with lower rates and new, larger discounts.
“We've improved our competitive position in the market, so we're not just limited to non-standard business anymore,” says Andy Thomas, Foremost zone executive director. “We've also provided numerous discounts in the new program because they're an excellent retention tool for agents.”
Some of the changes to the Dwelling Fire program include:
- Credit is being used as a rating parameter for landlord business with a discount of up to 25% for Superior Financial Responsibility.
- Homes up to 15 years old may qualify for an Age-of-Home discount up to 25%.
- Owners with another Foremost or Bristol West® policy may qualify for a discount.
- Owners using a Property Management Company may receive a discount.
- Landlord Association members may receive a discount.
Foremost is also broadening its underwriting and now accepts vacation rental properties and is increasing limits for Landlord Liability and Personal Injury to $1 million.
Foremost-appointed agents can book expanded Dwelling Fire business on http://www.ForemostSTAR.com. To become appointed with Foremost, agents can call 1-800-237-6136 or visit http://www.ForemostIndependentAgent.com
Foremost Insurance Group is a single source for personal property and casualty and commercial insurance. A member of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®, Foremost has been a leader in the insurance industry since 1952. Foremost is headquartered in Caledonia, Michigan.