'Formworks' gives organisations greater control over their data capture process in a fraction of the time it takes to use traditional pen and paper
London (PRWEB UK) 5 July 2012
A UK company, Digital Field Solutions, has developed an iPad app that lets companies create and update their own electronic forms that can capture and convert handwriting to text. Creating forms with the 'Formworks' app is as simple as using pen and paper but it has the potential to cut data processing time in half, reduce errors and free up field staff to focus on their core task.
“We developed Formworks to make the data collection process more efficient for every business or organisation that needs to capture information remotely,” explains Director Tim Howard. “We found that many digital data capture products were fiddly to use and actually made life more difficult for the user. With its intuitive handwriting recognition technology, Formworks makes it easy for companies to switch to using electronic forms which have obvious efficiency advantages.”
Formworks gives organisations greater control over their data capture process in a fraction of the time it takes to use traditional pen and paper, making it easier for sales and field staff to record information and have it authorised on the spot. It reduces the potential for errors and allows everything from estimates and quotes to orders and claims to be processed quicker.
“Formworks uses simple drag and drop tools with easy navigation in a familiar web-based environment so it is really easy to create your own customised forms in minutes, and with minimal training – no programming is required,” continues Tim. Forms can be personalised with the company logo and include the option of typing or writing using the best handwriting recognition technology available. They can also be updated remotely by an administrator to ensure everyone can instantly use the correct and up-to-date form, even while on the move.
Formworks can be used by anyone who collects and records important information remotely and securely, including: sales reps, surveyors, health professionals, social workers, claims handlers and site inspectors to name but a few.
In most cases Formworks can completely eliminate the need for paper forms as it allows users to upload text, photographs, drawings and handwritten signatures straight into their office system. It is secure too: information captured via the Formworks app is processed on the Digital Field Solutions server and immediately outputted to the client. The forms are password protected and all information is automatically deleted from the iPad once it has been sent to the office. In addition, administrators can remove users remotely and block their access to the system at any time. Updating electronic forms is also much quicker than updating paper forms, as field staff can automatically receive updates from head office direct to their iPad while on the move.
Formworks can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and is currently available for a 30 day free trial. Thereafter Formworks is available for a monthly licence with bespoke options for large organisations with specific needs.
Formworks features at a glance:
- A user-friendly iPad forms app that cuts data processing or order completion time in half
- Creates visually appealing and customised forms, easily and with no programming
- Captures handwriting, text, drawings, photos and signatures
- Forms can be used offline
- Uses world leading handwriting recognition software to simplify data capture on the move
- Enables field staff to capture and authorise information instantly so everything from quotes and orders to estimates, claims and surveys can be processed quicker
- Developed specifically to utilise the interactive features and screen real estate of the iPad
- Can be used by one to hundreds of users
- Secure operation and hosting for peace of mind
- Designed to integrate with common business software and network solutions
- 30 day free trial, thereafter £24.95 per month for Pro licence with handwriting recognition
For more information visit http://www.digitalfieldsolutions.com.