“Revel on the Block is a thoughtful fusion of local art, business, food, and music.”
Fort Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
Local agencies Cadence, C&I Studios and helium creative are excited to announce that Fort Lauderdale’s second Revel on the Block celebration will be held on Saturday, July 27, 2013. Hosted in partnership with the FAT Village Arts District, the biannual event celebrates Flagler Village, highlights local artists, and aims to create a stronger sense of community through creative place making.
The public event will be held in coordination with the monthly FAT Village Art Walk at NW 1st Ave between 5th and 6th Streets in Fort Lauderdale. Presented by leading sponsor BBX Capital, Revel on the Block will run from 2-11 p.m. on July 27 and feature a variety of hands-on activities, exhibits and entertainment options.
The event will include:
- ReImagine, an art show featuring more than a dozen South Florida artists curated by Cadence and helium creative
- ReImagination of FAT Village, which will showcase tactical urbanism improvements, a new look for temporary plazas, street trees and side seating, and live mural paintings
- The launch of a new FAT Village Art District website and interactive app
- Live music from Miami-based Steph Taylor at 5 p.m., and headliner Joel DaSilva and the Midnight Howl, who recently debuted at the Montreal Jazz Festival, at 7 p.m.
- Closing display of all pianos from Fort Lauderdale Play Your City art exhibition, featuring a performance art piece by local artist Richard Vergez at 9 p.m.
- More than a dozen local vendors including area businesses and food trucks on-site from 2-8 p.m.
"Revel on the Block is a thoughtful fusion of local art, business, food, and music,” said Cadence Co-founder Gage Couch. “We encourage visitors to engage with the outdoors, get in touch with their creative sides and recognize the power of great urban design. The event is about promoting neighborhood investment and showcasing all that Fort Lauderdale has to offer."
"BBX Capital is proud to be the presenting sponsor for Revel on the Block," said Jarett Levan, President of BBX Capital. "We believe in bringing awareness to local art assets, and see this event in the FAT Village Arts District as a creative community amenity."
Additional contributing sponsors include the law firm of Farmer, Jaffe, Weissing, Edwards, Fistos & Lehrman, which is located in the FAT Village Art District, public relations agency Red Banyan Group, and PNC Bank's Net Zero Branch at Davie Boulevard and Andrews. For more information about Revel on the Block, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/RevelOnTheBlock
Cadence Co-founder and Revel on the Block spokesperson Rebecca Bradley is available for pre-event media interviews. To schedule, please contact Pamela Armstrong of Red Banyan Group at 618-267-6305 or pamela(at)redbanyangroup(dot)com
About the Organizers:
Cadence is a Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning company that operates at the intersection of art and community. Their office is located in downtown Fort Lauderdale within the FAT Village Arts District. Cadence focuses on projects that reimagine the way South Floridians experience their outdoor living environments.
C&I Studios is a media company that provides photography, graphic design, audio, and video/film production. The vision of C&I Studios is to create inspiring art with exceptional quality to reach Humanity 2.0.
helium creative is a boutique, full service design agency based in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area specializing in advertising, graphic design, website development, corporate branding, marketing and media placement.