Fortisphere is lighting the path from early virtualized server farms to enterprise-class virtual services within IT organizations
Chantilly, Virginia (PRWEB) October 20, 2009
Fortisphere, a Virtual Service Management software company, today announced the availability of Fortisphere Virtual Service Manager (VSM), which proactively manages workloads and allocates virtual resources according to business priorities. Fortisphere VSM is the only solution to enforce service tiers based on the correlation of uptime, performance, utilization and granular guest-level configuration data giving IT the confidence to maximize density and ROI without compromising service levels. A free, fully functional 14-day trial of VSM is available for download at http://download.fortisphere.com.
"Fortisphere is lighting the path from early virtualized server farms to enterprise-class virtual services within IT organizations," says Siki Giunta, president and CEO of Fortisphere. "Now, we've enabled IT to confidently meet and exceed the expectations of the business, accelerate growth, minimize costs, and ease the transition to cloud computing."
Fortisphere VSM enables IT to make better decisions and move up the maturity curve from maintaining the virtualized infrastructure to managing it. VSM is an easy-to-use, quick-to-install virtual appliance with a thin client interface customized for each stakeholder. Its unique architecture enables VSM to gather the detailed VM configuration information needed to provide full visibility across the entire virtual environment and deliver optimal service to the business.
The free, downloadable trial is complete with all the key features and capabilities of VSM including:
- Configuration Management: Proactively find, triage and notify administrators of the root cause of VM issues before users even open a trouble ticket
- Virtual Service Tiers: Set alerts on different resource levels for each application and correlate performance to VM changes.
- Intelligent Inventory: Isolate and view real-time detailed data on specific VMs, categorize VMs and apply customer business tags.
- Density and Capacity Management: Quickly identify resource-starved VMs and consolidation candidates and accurately estimate infrastructure investments.
- Role-based Dashboards and Reporting: Give application owners and IT executives customized portals to filtered VM data and extensive reports customized to meet their needs.
Fortisphere is a Virtual Service Management software company. We arm our customers with the management solutions they need to confidently exploit virtualization to the delight of business users. Our flagship product, Fortisphere Virtual Service Manager™, enables administrators, application owners and IT executives to inventory, visualize and manage virtualized resources from an intuitive, role-based console. As a result, they are able to lower IT costs, improve service, and get the best possible value from their multi-platform virtualized environments, a critical step in the evolution to cloud computing.
Fortisphere is a privately-held company, headquartered in Chantilly, VA. More information about Fortisphere can be found at http://www.fortisphere.com.
# # #