Our mission as a company is to help countries around the world leverage technology to support economic growth and development through transparent and accountable financial systems.
Ottawa, Canada (Vocus/PRWEB) March 15, 2011
FreeBalance, a global Government Resource Planning (GRP) software company, announced that it is participating in the first annual conference on Trust and Accountability in Public Financial Management, March 15-17 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, UK. To learn more about FreeBalance and its GRP solutions, attend the “Implementing Integrated Financial Management Information Systems (IFMIS) - Lessons Learned and Value Added in the Developing World” panel on Tuesday, March 15 at 13:40, or visit the FreeBalance booth in the exhibitor area.
"FreeBalance is pleased to have been invited to participate in the first annual conference on trust and accountability in public financial management," said Manuel Pietra, President & CEO at FreeBalance. "Our mission as a company is to help countries around the world leverage technology to support economic growth and development through transparent and accountable financial systems. The FreeBalance Accountability Suite is designed specifically for PFM and covers the entire budget cycle including financial and human resources transparency to improve governance and trust."
Other speakers at the conference include:
- The Rt. Hon Alan Duncan MP, Minister of State for the Department for International Development
- Amyas Morse, Comptroller and Auditor General, NAO
- David Walker, former US Comptroller General, now a campaigner for fiscal responsibility and founder of the Comeback America Initiative (CAI)
- Eugenio Caperchione, Chair of the Comparative International Governmental Accounting Research network (CIGAR)
- Ian Ball, Chief Executive of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Matt Andrews, Assistant Professor of Public Policy at the Harvard John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Anthony Hegarty, Chief Financial Management Officer at the World Bank
- Ibrahim Dankwambo, Accountant General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Paul Druckman, Co-Chair of International Integrated Reporting Committee and Chairman of The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project.
- Ioannis Sarmas, Member of the European Court of Auditors
FreeBalance customers span the globe and the user community includes public financial management professionals in 18 countries, including Afghanistan, Canada, Iraq, Kosovo, Liberia, Mongolia, Namibia, Pakistan, Panama, Sierra Leone, Southern Sudan, Timor-Leste, and Uganda among others. FreeBalance operates in 15 customer time zones. FreeBalance has more than 60,000 users around the world. FreeBalance software manages a global civil service workforce of 1,500,000, and also manages a quarter trillion ($US) annual budgets worldwide.
FreeBalance helps governments around the world leverage robust Government Resource Planning (GRP) technology to accelerate country growth. FreeBalance software solutions for public financial and human resource management support reform and modernization to improve governance, transparency and accountability. Good governance is required to improve development results. For more information, visit http://www.freebalance.com.
FreeBalance Media Contact:
Ph: +1 613 218 4938