A bike room is a great asset! Very few buildings in Baltimore have them. They also boast of plenty parking, unusual in this part of SoBo.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) February 18, 2013
1901 South Charles apartments in downtown Baltimore, was awarded the LEED Silver Design rating by the designers, contractors, consultants and the owners working together to achieve points in the following categories:
- High efficiency heating and cooling system
- Energy Star® efficient appliances
- High efficiency hot water heating
- Energy efficient Energy Star® Lighting
- Indoor Environment Quality
For more information about USGBC and LEED please visit http://www.usgbc.org
1901 South Charles Street recently completed and is filling up fast its 193 residential rental units with an attached 280-space parking garage. Apartments with a Garage in South Baltimore was needed. The finishes, features and amenities will rival other Class A buildings in Baltimore City, while rents will be substantially better values than the properties in Harbor East.
1901 S. Charles are apartments in Federal Hill, South Baltimore. Federal Hill is a stable, primarily residential neighborhood with a core area of restaurants and nightlife about 8 blocks from 1901 South Charles Street. I-95 immediately adjoins the site to the South, providing easy access to jobs throughout the region. The waterfront on the eastern edge of Federal Hill has been completely redeveloped over the past decade, and the few multi-family rental properties in the market are full. 1901 S. Charles St. Luxury Apartments in SOBO is enjoying its entrance into this market and rentals are brisk.
One of the unique features of the building is it is a Pet Friendly Apartment Building. Residents are allowed to have up to two pets and they can be in excess of 30 pounds.
I was told that there are numerous rental incentives available right now that could save their renters up to 3 months in free rent. In addition these are apartments with washer and dryers in each unit.
The National Federation for the Blind even put a shiny new addition on their building facing Wells St. There is also a great new bar, Hersh’s Pizza and Drinks, on Light St. that faces Wells St. What was once the ugly part of town is now becoming a center for action.
All the design elements at “1901 South Charles” will make the resident feel like their living the “contemporary urban living” dream. Entering the lobby one is greeted by chocolate and orange geometrics. These apartments in SOBO have wood floors, nine foot ceilings and inventive floor plans with lofts. Cool gray granite countertops juxtaposed with dark wood cabinetry give the kitchen a custom look. Marble sinks in the bathrooms, washer and dryer, walk-in closets — it all says, “I’ve moved on from the frat house.” This type of living is all about relaxing, calling the maintenance man and concentrating on better things of living in the luxury apartments in Federal Hill.
That brings up the “lifestyle perks” at 1901. The overall vibe is Friendly — the place seems designed for resident mingling. The club room, with pub tables, a flat screen TV and a complete full-scale high-end kitchen, is the perfect place for residents and neighbors to live out all the singles sitcom dreams. There is an enormous courtyard, filled with the kind of lounge furniture one might find at a hotspot in Miami.
At the 1901 S. Charles Street apartments in downtown Baltimore one will find:
- Elevator access
- Parking in multi-story, controlled access indoor structure
- 5,000 sq Resident's Club
- 24-Hour Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio / Wii Room
- Large mail room
- Parcel lockers for deliveries
- Bicycle Storage
- 24-Hour Emergency Maintenance
- GREEN LEED Silver Design
- Easy Access to: I-95 North & South, 295 South, Downtown Baltimore
- Contemporary floor plans, loft units available
- High-speed internet access available
- Digital cable TV available
- Energy efficient heating, air conditioning and UV-reducing windows
- Full-size washer/dryer
- Upgraded flooring, including wood, wall-to-wall carpeting and ceramic tile
- Lightweight concrete soundproofing between floors
- Soundproofed walls between units and corridors
- High-end wood cabinetry with wine rack
- Granite counters and breakfast bar
- Energy Star® and GE Clean Steel appliances that won't show fingerprints
- All Appliances include
- Oversized two-bowl kitchen sink with garbage disposal (most units)
- Track lighting and breakfast bar pendant lights
- Granite countertops
- Wood cabinetry
- Ceramic tile floors and tub surround
- Exterior Features
- Energy efficient and maintenance free exterior with brick and fiber cement siding
- Highly efficient insulated exterior walls
- Energy Star® vinyl windows
Chefcleo, resident of 1901 S. Charles Apartments stated:
"Interesting take on this area. The newer construction has been attracting a little older renter though, than someone just out of college. Usually, it’s a young professional that doesn’t know if they’ll have to move for a job, or a couple that’s not ready to commit to a mortgage…or even an older couple that doesn’t want to stay in a big house, or be responsible. “They want the freedom to travel & enjoy life rather than maintain a home. Also, I’ve been to several ‘gatherings’ at similar properties in D.C. I can tell you that yes, the patios are used by groups of people hanging out, or grilling. I even saw a few couples off to themselves enjoying an evening outside. A bike room is a great asset! Very few buildings in Baltimore have them.” They also boost plenty of parking, unusual in this part of SoBo Federal Hill area.
November 9, 2012 at 8:45 am
Managed By: WPM Real Estate Group
Check Availability or call: (443) 681-1220