the cameras are gone, but the need remains great.
Washington, DC (Vocus) March 25, 2010
Charitable giving expert Gail Perry, author of Fired Up Fundraising, has worked for decades in the non-profit arena and has been following the efforts in both areas closely. One Haitian relief worker recently reported to Perry on his return from Port-Au-Prince, “the cameras are gone, but the need remains great.”
Perry remains optimistic that giving will continue to the both countries. “The HOPE FOR HAITI celebrity telethon alone generated over $61 million dollars in the first week. Tens of millions more have flowed into charity coffers to help the survivors in both areas. America’s giving spirit remains stronger than ever,” says Perry.
Perry has commented frequently in the press on topics including:
- How can you be sure the money you give to Haiti and Chile really helps those in need
- How the Red Cross texting campaign for Haiti made fundraising history
- Why, even those Chile’s earthquake was much stronger, if you have to choose which country to give to, you should choose Haiti
- How you should pick which organizations to give your charitable contributions to
- What percentage of your donation should be expected to go to administrative and other costs
- The internet's increasing role in charity scams, and how to spot them before you’re suckered in
- The difference between "gift receiving" and "fundraising"
Gail Perry is the Raleigh North Carolina based head of Gail Perry Associates. For additional details, a reviewer copy of her book or to schedule an interview with Ms. Perry, contact Aaron Liestner at Allen Media Strategies at (703) 589-8960.