Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) August 28, 2012
This report focuses on Next Generation Power Semiconductors Including GaN Transistors, Diodes & Rectifiers, MMICs and Applications in RF, UPS, Inverters, Converters & Motor Drives.
This research study on the GaN semiconductors market gives a detailed overview of the global GaN semiconductors market in the present scenario, and discusses the history, evolution, market by technology (substrate & epitaxy materials and transistor technologies), market by products and devices, market by application segments, and by geography. Each classification done for the global GaN semiconductors market has an extensive segmentation with market estimates and forecasts till 2022 for each sub-market in terms of both - revenue and volume. The major GaN semiconductor products – namely the power semiconductors and opto-semiconductors are analyzed in great detail throughout the research study in every type of classification.
The GaN industry’s supply chain has been discussed and analyzed thoroughly, with emphasis on dynamics of both - upstream & downstream sectors, their processes and trends, front-end & back-end processes. A complete market roadmap for the GaN semiconductors market from its birth, till the last forecast year – 2022, is illustrated to give an insight into the total growth and development of the market over the timeline.
Scope & Markets Covered
The scope of this report includes only the market for semiconductor devices manufactured using Gallium Nitride, as their epitaxy or substrate material. Thus, it only comprises the market for core discrete devices (diodes & transistors) and ICs. The market statistics of more complex and typically used electronic devices such as modules, packages, electronic equipments, and the other similar devices are not included in any way in the market statistics mentioned in this report. The complete market viewed and analyzed in this report is only for GaN semiconductor devices in all the aspects and chapters.
In this report, the global GaN semiconductors market and industry is fully segmented into the following categories and aspects:
- Value chain & industry segments: GaN semiconductor industry value chain, raw material vendors, EDA & design tool vendors, IP vendors, foundry vendors, fabless vendors, fab vendors, Integrated Device Manufacturers (IDMs), Original Device Manufacturers (ODMs), Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), wafer equipment manufacturers, Assembly, Testing & Packaging (ATP) players
- Supply chain & product life cycle: GaN semiconductor industry supply chain; upstream chain covering raw material acquisition, etching & doping, vapor preparation, wafer coating & manufacturing; downstream chain covering device fabrication, cutting & mounting, assembly & packaging; front-end, and back-end processes in both streams; product life cycle covering epitaxial growth, device fabrication, testing & packaging and system integration
- Market by technology: Market by semiconductor materials in GaN devices, market by GaN transistor applications
- Market by semiconductor materials in devices: IV-IV GaN Semiconductor devices including GaN & silicon, GaN & sapphire, GaN & SiC-based devices and III-V SiC semiconductor devices including GaN & AlN, GaN-on-GaN based devices along with composite structures & alloy materials (Indium compounds) based GaN devices
- Market by transistor application: RF applications, DC-DC & AC-DC converters, UPS systems & inverters, motor drives (Industrial & Automotive)
- Market by application: computers sector, ICT sector, consumer electronics sector, automotive sector, industrial, power, solar & wind sector, military, defense & aerospace sector, medical sector and other sectors
- Market in computers sector: computer hardware power modules, UPS systems
- Market in ICT sector: Signal amplifiers & switching systems, wireless application devices, wired communication devices, satellite communication applications, RADAR applications, RF applications
- Market in consumer electronics sector: inverters in consumer applications, LED lights in consumer applications, switch mode consumer power supply systems
- Market in automotive sector: electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, automotive braking systems, automotive motor drives
- Market in industrial, power, solar & wind sector: smart grid power systems, wind turbines and wind power systems, power factor correction (PFC) systems, photovoltaic inverters, solar panels, industrial motor drives, High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) systems, electro-mechanical computing system, high temperature electronics & sensors
- Market in military, defense & aerospace sector: combat vehicles, ships & vessels, microwave-radiation applications, radiation-hard electronics, electronic warfare applications & radio communications
- Market in medical sector: implantable medical devices, bio-medical electronics
- Market by geography: North America, Europe, Japan, Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan), and Rest of the Word (includes Latin-South America, Middle East and Africa)
Browse More Reports on:
Contact sales(at)reportsandreports(dot)com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 175,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.