My role here is to ensure that as we partner with larger and larger clients and grow alongside our existing brands, we completely understand their business objectives.
Ottawa, CA (Vocus) December 14, 2007
Effective immediately, Warren Tomlin will join Fuel Industries in the position of Chief Creative Officer. The former general manager of Canada Post’s online unit will lead the creative and strategic process for Fuel’s client projects and further develop the Fuel creative team.
- Warren’s appointment to this position is part of an ongoing expansion of Fuel’s production and management resources to better serve the company’s world class brands.
- Mike Burns will transition from CEO/CCO to full-time CEO to devote more time to the development of the company and Fuel’s licensed properties division, which it launched earlier this year, and has already garnered licensing deals from McDonald’s Europe.
- As head of Canada Post’s eBusiness Division, Warren was responsible for the development of the $3 billion+ eBusiness portal
- While at Canada Post, Warren invented a number of key products for online and mobile marketing, including their fetch technology.
- Warren has over 14 years of interactive and product marketing experience and holds an MBA from Queens University at Kingston.
Quotes attributable to Mike Burns, CEO
"Warren is exactly who you would want to lead your strategy and creative team. He’s the type of guy who can distinguish good ideas from good opportunities. He looks at the overall picture – not only if the creative works, but if the strategic alignment is there, and how it fits into accomplishing a client’s overall goals."
"Warren and I work very well together and have a lot of mutual respect for each other’s ideas. He’s basically me with an MBA."
Quotes attributable to Warren Tomlin, Chief Creative Officer
"I made the move to Fuel because I firmly believe that what they are doing is the future of interactive. The company has grown massively over the seven years that I’ve worked with Fuel as a client, and I want to contribute to growing Fuel even faster over the next few years."
"My role here is to ensure that as we partner with larger and larger clients and grow alongside our existing brands, we completely understand their business objectives."
"It’s humbling to be part of a such a strong team - a team that is only limited by imagination. When you understand the talent we have collected in one group - from the designers, coders, animators and artists to the directors and writers, the quote on the front page of our website rings true: ‘Anything is possible.’"
About Fuel Industries:
Fuel Industries is one of the most technologically advanced online branded entertainment studios in North America, blending the capabilities of game developer, advertising agency, animation house and SFX studio to deliver next-generation web content for brands and marketers worldwide. With a range of clients including Microsoft, McDonald’s Europe, Wrigley and, Fuel creates everything from branded arcade-style games and online worlds to digital toys and interactive video experiences.