It benefits the entire Eclipse ecosystem to have companies such as Instantiations work so closely with the Eclipse community to bring their high quality Eclipse updates to market so quickly.
Portland, Ore. (PRWEB) June 25, 2008
Instantiations, Inc., a leading provider of software quality and productivity solutions for the Eclipse platform, today announced that its entire Eclipse-based product line has been updated to coincide with the annual Eclipse open source release, Ganymede. Included with the roll-out are significant additions in the area of security to its CodePro AnalytiX™ comprehensive code quality product, bringing advanced standards-based security auditing to developers desktops as they write code. The Ganymede release train includes Eclipse 3.4, the annual release of the Eclipse platform, which was delivered today.
Ganymede is a coordinated release of 23 different Eclipse projects including the base platform, or 23 projects and 18 million lines of code, up slightly from last year's Europa release of 21 projects and 17 million lines of code. By releasing these projects at the same time, the goal is to make it easier to incorporate multiple projects into an environment. Each project remains a separate open source project operating with its own project leadership, its own committees, and its own project plan.
"As the enterprise adoption of Eclipse grows dramatically worldwide, an annual Eclipse release train means organizations are only required to update their interdependent systems once a year, and this includes commercial Eclipse-based products, like Instantiations," said Mike Milinkovich, executive director of the Eclipse Foundation. "It benefits the entire Eclipse ecosystem to have companies such as Instantiations work so closely with the Eclipse community to bring their high quality Eclipse updates to market so quickly."
Instantiations works closely with many Eclipse projects so that its customers across all product lines benefit from the latest Eclipse features. Key product enhancements include adding dozens of security audit rules, based on the OWASP Top Ten standards, to its CodePro AnalytiX product line. This enables developers to automatically detect and address security vulnerabilities as they are writing code, thus closing the opportunities for potential malicious users, and focusing on quality earlier in the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Performance and usability were also enhanced across all product lines. In addition to supporting the new Eclipse 3.4 release, Instantiations products continue to support prior versions of Eclipse and IDEs built upon Eclipse to meet varied customer needs.
"We work very closely with the Eclipse community to ensure that our customers have immediate access to the latest capabilities of Eclipse," said Mike Taylor, CEO of Instantiations and an Eclipse Foundation board member. "Perhaps the most significant enhancement to our product line with these new releases is the powerful new security auditing capability we've added to CodePro AnalytiX. And even with these new features we've retained the high-value pricing model for which CodePro is famous. Organizations can now afford to have code-level security support on the desktop of every developer."
Ganymede updates to Instantiations Eclipse-based products include:
- CodePro AnalytiX™. Version 5.5. A powerful automated software code quality, testing and static analysis tool, CodePro AnalytiX is one of the most popular software development tools available to help developers automatically improve software quality, reliability, and maintainability in the applications they develop. It can be deployed on a developer's desktop and/or seamlessly integrated into a continuous or nightly software build system, ensuring high software quality throughout the development process. Additions include dozens of security audit rules, improved performance, dashboard and metrics.
- CodePro Profiler™. Version 1.5. Launched in November 2007, Profiler is the first enterprise-ready run-time performance analysis tool designed specifically for Java Eclipse developers, helping find CPU and algorithmic bottlenecks, memory leaks, threading issues, and other concurrency-related problems that can slow down an application or cause it to hang. Improvements include overall better performance and usability and optimized memory usage.
- WindowBuilder Pro. First launched by Instantiations in 2003 and currently on release v. 6.7, WindowBuilder Pro is used by tens of thousands of developers worldwide and is the market-leading Eclipse GUI builder. WindowBuilder includes SWT Designer, Swing Designer and GWT Designer and seamlessly integrates into any Eclipse-based Java development environment. With its drag-and-drop functionality, developers can easily add many components and create complicated windows in minutes, with Java code being generated automatically. Updates include overall better performance and usability as well as support for 3.4 data-binding and more.
- WindowTester Pro™. Version 3.5. WindowTester Pro is the leading tool for automating the testing of Swing and SWT GUIs. It is the only tool that allows developers to easily record and playback tests using GEF, and includes tools for recording, test generation, code coverage and playback of GUI interactions. Updates include enhanced performance and usability and a new recording interface.
- RCP Developer™. Version 3.5. It is the first development tool to leverage the open source Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) for creating Java-based client and stand-alone desktop applications. The product includes SWT Designer, WindowTester SWT, Help Composer, and an RCP packager. Updates include improved usability and new features from component products.
Pricing and Availability:
All products will be available for download on June 26. Product upgrades are available at no cost to customers with current support agreements. Products may be purchased directly from the company. For information on pricing please email sales @ instantiations.com. Full-feature free trial evaluations may be downloaded at http://www.instantiations.com.
Based in Portland, Ore., Instantiations is a leading innovator of Eclipse-based solutions and focuses its products and services on improving quality, productivity and time-to-market for global software development organizations. Led by a team of internationally-recognized pioneers in Java software technology, Instantiations is a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation and an IBM Business Partner with a line of products for Eclipse, IBM Rational®, JBuilder® and MyEclipse™. The company is named as one the fastest-growing Oregon companies three years running and has been ranked among the top 100 companies influencing software development by SD Times two consecutive years. For more information, visit http://www.instantiations.com.
CodePro AnalytiX, WindowBuilder Pro, Swing Designer, SWT Designer, GWT Designer, RCP Developer and WindowTester are trademarks of Instantiations, Inc. Java is a trademark of Sun Microsystems. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective companies.