Houston, TX (PRWEB) February 5, 2008
Heating a home during the winter season can be a scary prospect. GasGeorgia.com, an innovative online shopping marketplace for natural gas service in Georgia, is educating customers this new year about energy conservation for the home.
Many homes are powered by electricity generated from the burning of natural gas, but also use natural gas appliances for cooking, heating and other common household practices. The following tips from GasGeorgia will help natural gas customers formulate good habits and maximize their energy efficiency in 2008:
- Proper insulation and caulking around windows, air vents and doors will prevent leaking and seal heat in, while keeping the cold out.
- LED lighting is a great way to conserve, consuming nearly 90 percent less energy than traditional lights.
- Bake and cook dishes in groups to minimize individual cooking times. Use smaller, more efficient appliances such as microwaves, toaster ovens and slow cookers to lower energy costs as well.
- Make sure to check that the water heater is working properly, and that the pipes are properly insulated and not leaking.
- Focus on setting the thermostat to a consistent temperature, ideally between 68° and 70° F, and lower when the house is unoccupied. A programmable thermostat will automatically adjust temperatures, conserving additional energy during hours when families are away from home.
Preparation is key to providing a comfortable and safe environment, and ensuring that homes are running at maximum efficiency. GasGeorgia customers have several resources with natural gas pricing information, tips, news and more to help manage their natural gas service. GasGeorgia also provides customers with the ability to enter an address and compare rates and products from leading natural gas companies in the state of Georgia.
GasGeorgia is a free online service where Georgians can compare natural gas companies and order service for their homes, as well as switch and move their natural gas service without interruption. GasGeorgia is a member of the WhiteFence network.