Kissimmee, FL (Vocus/PRWEB) February 09, 2011
The term “engagement-cations” may not be in the dictionary yet, but according to American Express, it is one of the five travel trends to watch in 2011. More couples are taking trips for not-to-be-forgotten marriage proposals.
Known for its romantic, lush surroundings, Gaylord Palms Resort is launching an Engagement-cation getaway package that comes complete with a “proposal planner” who will take the stress out of the big event and assist in creating the perfect engagement venue.
The growing engagement vacation experience may have started with the fairy tale proposal that Prince William made to Kate Middleton. Couples will be treated like royalty when they celebrate their big event at unforgettable locations at Gaylord Palms Resort. Possible venues include (additional charges apply):
- A sand sculpture created on the Key West Lagoon beach to resemble the happy couple holding the real engagement ring!
- An “intimate” dinner on the “Marlin Dock” overlooking the resort’s Key West lagoon with a “will you marry me” message illuminated on the sails of the SS Gaylord.
- A secluded dinner in a private terrace atop the Castello de San Marcos Fort with a special meal prepared by the resort’s executive chef.
- A romantic dinner in Old Hickory Steakhouse culminating with a chocolate dessert containing the engagement ring.
- A private helicopter tour of Orlando that includes a flyover the resort. A “Will You Marry Me” message is presented on large posters.
- Be entertained at dinner by one of the Gaylord Magicians. Voila! An engagement ring appears out of nowhere!
The basic Engagement-cations package begins at $299 per couple and includes:
- Accommodations for one night (additional nights available)
- Access to the resort’s Proposal Planner for a 30-minute consultation to assist in selecting the perfect Gaylord Palms location to “pop the question.”
- Congratulations champagne toast at turn-down with special gift
- $50 dining credit
- 20 % off a couples massage or select treatments at Relâche Spa
- Daily resort fee and valet parking
- Available through September 30. 2011. Package rates are exclusive of tax and based on availability. Additional charges apply for package enhancements.
For reservations: 407-586-2000. For more information visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com
The Gaylord Palms Resort is located five minutes from the gates of Walt Disney World at 6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746.
About Gaylord Palms® Resort
The 1406-room Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center has gained the attention of the meeting and convention industry by providing world-class convention and leisure-focused amenities – all in one place. The award-winning resort is a Gaylord Hotels-branded property owned by Gaylord Entertainment , a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For reservations and information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com or http://www.gaylordentertainment.com.
CONTACT: Jeff Abbaticchio, Director of Public Relations
407-586-0315 Ofc/ 407-920-7724 Cell
jabbaticchio(at)gaylordhotels(dot)com/ @gaylordpalmspr Twitter