Moving beyond breast cancer into a New Normal
Lago Vista, TX (PRWEB) April 4, 2010
In this illuminating, heart-felt and bittersweet humorous book, cancer survivor Genae Girard shares her personal journey through the raw pain of a cancer diagnosis to a ‘new normal’ way of vital living.
She reveals her innermost thoughts with a surprising candor and unique, quirky creativity to help others have a fresh perspective in understanding this life-changing disease. There is power in self-education, taking control of the medical treatment process and being able to get real in handling the scary stuff by keeping a sense of humor about it all. And she shares her process openly…
- How she felt invaded by an alien conqueror the day she was diagnosed,
- How her boyfriend of three months went quickly from hunter to caregiver,
- What happened when treatment didn’t go as planned,
- How she made friends with the fear, and, most importantly,
- How she created a new life from the inside out.
Besides authoring the book, Genae is a plaintiff for the ACLU; together, they fought he U.S. patent office for granting one laboratory, a patent on the breast cancer genes BRAC1 and BRAC2. She has been featured in numerous news programs, magazines, and radio shows.
Whether you are walking the path of cancer treatment personally or love someone who is, this book can teach you how to grow beyond the situation into your best version of yourself.